Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My Pre has developed a problem where there seems to be a short between the 2 halves causing both the front speaker (for normal phone use) and microphone to cut in and out unless I squeeze them in a certain manor. I'm also having problems where is gets stuck in the headset mode and the Insanity Provoking "Too Many Cards" errors when I don't have a single card open.

I've been paying for the service plan, and Best Buy told me that my phone will be replaced if they can't fix it. That's fine, and I'm trying to back up my data to my PC's Hard Drive to restore it later.

Backing up Music, Photos, videos, and contacts won't be a problem. What I'm worried about is apps and other custom data. I know Palm will remember which Apps I've purchased and I will be able to re-download them, but what about the things I've done on those apps, mainly game progress. I want to back up my saved games.

In Windows, I set my view settings to see hidden and system files and tried backing up every file on the Pre. All went well except the ".Palm" folder. Many of the folders or files within gave me errors about the name being too long and I was unable to transfer it to my PC.

Does anyone know what is in those ".Palm" folders? Mine is almost 2 gigs and contains almost 15,000 files, so I'm assuming that's where all the apps and relevant data are kept.

Pre-Thanks
    D
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Look into Save/Restore and Pre backup utility apps, both are available thro' Preware.
    DekonR,

I'm wondering if RMB's answer helped--it doesn't answer my question which is similar: I just posted here:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...84496&posted=1

We'll see who gets the answer first!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I did not try RMB's solution. I don't want to take the chance in voiding my warranty.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DekonR View Post
    I did not try RMB's solution. I don't want to take the chance in voiding my warranty.
    I dont believe using either Save/Restore or Pre Backup Utility will void your warranty.