1.    #1  
    I'm on vacation with my family and our regular point & shoot camera has decided to have a hissy fit (the mechanical focus mechanism is frozen). So I've been taking a lot of pictures with my Pre. The problem that I'm seeing is that most of the pictures look really bad - extremely washed out. And it doesn't matter if it's in direct sunlight or in well lit indoors. They just look bad.

I've taken quite a few pix on my Pre. But I never remember them looking this bad. I assume it's something related to the physical camera and not a software thing. But you never know.

Has anyone else experienced this? Were you able to fix it?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    did you clean the lens
  3.    #3  
    Yes. And it helped a tiny bit. Here's a comparison of similar pictures from last year and this year - both taken w/my Pre. The only post processing that I've done is to black out the pictures of my family.

Yes these pictures were taken at different times of the day so that may account for some of it. But it's the best comparison that I have of two pictures of the same location. You'll just have to trust me that all of my pix are exhibiting this problem. This is just the best comparison pic that I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've had a little luck if before taking the photo, I point my camera/phone into direct light, this will make the camera allow less light in when taking the photo. This changes how much light is taken in with the camera. Or, point it to a dark area to let more light in.

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, just an observation I've made with the camera. Hope this makes sense.
    keep your fingers away from the lense and flash. It will change the exposure and the flash will reflect back in to the lense. I learned this the hard way when having someone take a pic of me with my favorite singer after a concert...
    it seemed to me that with the last update (adding the video) the camera quality went WAY down ... there have been a handful of people who think that too ... when i got my pre day 1, we loved the pics quality but (in my opinion) its went way down
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Yes. And it helped a tiny bit. Here's a comparison of similar pictures from last year and this year - both taken w/my Pre. The only post processing that I've done is to black out the pictures of my family.

Yes these pictures were taken at different times of the day so that may account for some of it. But it's the best comparison that I have of two pictures of the same location. You'll just have to trust me that all of my pix are exhibiting this problem. This is just the best comparison pic that I have.
    Interesting. The newer picture also looks blurrier, which is odd since it's actually closer.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  8.    #8  
    @jwdesselle: thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that.

@pixielee: Looking back in my photos, I have plenty that look good after the video option came out. So I don't think that's it. My fear is that I have some condensation inside the lens that is causing the problem.

@jbg7474: The newer picture looks focused to me. Just washed out.