1.    #1  
    I installed a patch that removes Google from universal search and adds Bing. But now I want to remove that patch and I cant find it on Device Management on the WebOS quick install program. What do I do??
    Use Preware... If it shows up in Preware under patches as 'installed' - remove it. If Preware doesn't show it as installed - install it again and then remove it.
  3.    #3  
    It dosent show up on Preware or Quickinstall.....i added this patch maybe a month ago and now i cant find it to remove it. Its not available to re install either. what the heck am i going to do?
    Hopefully you can find and remove it with this: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    im starting to wish i never installed patches at all. and up until now its been so easy to install and remove
    Quote Originally Posted by markpaul55 View Post
    im starting to wish i never installed patches at all. and up until now its been so easy to install and remove
    You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. If you think that way about stuff, you should never leave the house. Just run the Repair Utility as Vza33 suggested and see how that goes. Be sure the read the first page of that thread to see what the difference is between the two settings.
    I used emergency file verification in preware. that'll make all of your packges that are ACTUALLY installed show up in preware. To find it, open preware, go to Available Other -> Linux Application -> Utilities -> Emergency File Verification. Just run that and then try to uninstall through preware.

Hope this helps
  8.    #8  
    cant get webos repair utility to open. and the preware emergency file didnt show anything. Guess im stuck with Bing for universal search and no google option. this sucks.
    try the emergency reconstruction utility in the same feed...
    Quote Originally Posted by markpaul55 View Post
    cant get webos repair utility to open. and the preware emergency file didnt show anything. Guess im stuck with Bing for universal search and no google option. this sucks.
    Try running EPR in Preware and in WOSQI and see if it removes the patch.