1.    #1  
    Its shaped like a round blue circle with a yellowish moon in it just like it looks when an app fails to download. It says:

v1.0.0 by Unknown
    OK

And in my app catalog it shows as just a blue blank bar. I have no idea what it is. Going to do a battery pull and see if it goes away. Any ideas?

Melissa
    Maybe hook it up to a PC and try to delete that from there.
    It's been referred to as a "Phantom" App, and will mess with your ability to download new apps or updates.

http://forums.precentral.net/search....rchid=13658945

Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    Solution:

From a terminal window, type the following commands:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot
    Alternatively, if you have Internalz, you can just navigate to /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ and delete the installHistory.db file from there.

Keep in mind it does require a FULL restart to work, a Luna Restart won't do the trick.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4.    #4  
    Its NESEM and its showing twice on my purchased app list through the app catalog. Once normal and once as that icon. I managed to delete it with the orange key on my screen so it looks like its gone from the phone just not the list. I just purchased and downloaded an app Ive been wanting and it came through and installed just fine so I think Im ok. At least until next time I dr the phone anyway and it tries to reinstall.

Melissa
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This "Phantom App" is the first issue I have found on my Palm Pre plus that REALLY irritates me. I don't like things that install themselves on my computer, and expect to have the "control" to remove what I want when i want... so now my phone is altering itself, and if I understand the issue, there isn't an uninstall or clean-up App, instead I have to perform some "technical gymnastics" because of a failed download? Tell me there is an easier answer PLEASE.
    Quote Originally Posted by HIYinOR View Post
    Tell me there is an easier answer PLEASE.
    Sure. You can also doctor your phone; it'll take longer and do much more than you want, but it's "easier" than downloading internalz and navigating to and then deleting one specific file I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by HIYinOR View Post
    This "Phantom App" is the first issue I have found on my Palm Pre plus that REALLY irritates me. I don't like things that install themselves on my computer, and expect to have the "control" to remove what I want when i want... so now my phone is altering itself, and if I understand the issue, there isn't an uninstall or clean-up App, instead I have to perform some "technical gymnastics" because of a failed download? Tell me there is an easier answer PLEASE.
    you can also start a free chat session on the palm web site and they can fix your profile from there.