Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    What is the best way to go about charging a brand new battery? Do I let it fully charge and fully drain for a few days? or is it keep it at 100% as much as possible?
    charge it and keep it charged as much as possible . it is not recommended to let it drain it all the way out . this is not the same as the older type batteries that you used to drain all the way down. that could possibly hurt your battery. this was stated early on right after the pre came out last year.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    What is the best way to go about charging a brand new battery? Do I let it fully charge and fully drain for a few days? or is it keep it at 100% as much as possible?
    i don't know if its "the best way", but last month I replaced a failing battery with a new one (direct replacement not upgraded) - charged it to 100% - discharged it down to 10% - then fully recharged it again. I have experienced NO battery problems since doing it that one time. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    The battery in your phone is a Poly Lithium-ion battery, and it does not have a memory like a NiCad battery. Therefore draining it fully does more harm than good. Keep the battery charged as often as possible and try to avoid draining it fully. It's performance will improve after about 2-3 weeks.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks guys!
    Also get a touchstone charger, or even a few.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I actually just bought one a week ago and i love it. The back for it makes it feel much nicer too
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Please send me the bug in your signature. It is fantastic!
    Wouldn't you prefer to have a bee?

When I purchased my Mugen 1400 battery last Oct. the instructions that came with the it stated to fully charge/discharge the battery 4 times for best results. The battery is still performing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Please send me the bug in your signature. It is fantastic!
    Right click and copy image.... or copy image location, then open in another tab and save.