Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    creepy girl commercials... I think she is hot...

She ain't so hot now LOL

If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    WebOS
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    form factor
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Free MHS is the reason for me! I was tethering a dumb phone and was able to switch to the Pre for only a couple dollars more! I knew nothing about WebOS until after my purchase...now I can't get enough!
    I got my Pre because looks are deceiving.
    lol yes they are !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Seemed like a logical choice...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Bought it just after Apple's iPhone 4 announcement (they weren't coming to Verizon and I wasn't going to go to ATT). So basically the Pre Plus was the cheapest very good smartphone I could buy on a one year contract ($119), while I waited for the Verizon iPhone (again). Didn't even know about WebOS or the Mobile Hotspot, or the community here. Fortunately I got a Verizon employee who knew a bunch about the Pre Plus. He told me about MHS and WebOS (He did try to sell me an Incredible, but again, I didn't want a two year contract).

Since then I've grown to really like my Pre+ (and WebOS) and have gained a great deal of respect for Android. Earlier this year, a Verizon iPhone would have been a no brainer; now if the iPhone came to Verizon, I'd have to really look at Verizon's other offerings (Android and WebOS) before I just mechanically bought that iPhone. So in the end not only was the price right, I ended up loving the free MHS and the true Multi-tasking of WebOS.

JD
    I'm a Palm fan boy since back when Handspring was a competitor in the PDA market. Almost went Android until they finally announced they were making a GSM version of the Pre. Plus webOS is just impressive, even from the commercials.
    Last edited by snotball007; 07/29/2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: I didn't know a word was censored, so broke it up.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    for two years I was missing my Treo 650, and I liked the hype of it being released on Sprint but I am Verizon. I didn't hear anything about a date for Verizon, so I gave up and took an upgrade to an env Touch last August.

Then in May I called 611 about something and she told me I could upgrade early (9 months into a 2 yr contract) to a Palm - told me about the WiFi hotspot being free and I was SO happy the MHS has saved me a couple times when my internet or power at home have gone out. webOS being so nice and being able to overclock and patch has just been icing on the cake!
    #1 reason = I've been with Palm since the Palm Pilot days, so I figured it might be good. (and it IS GOOD!)
  12.    #32  
    I dont have enough post or would have put this in poll form. Only had the pre for a week. Only been here a week as I found this great site after I bought the pre. This site pretty hot new post after new post...pretty busy site
    Intuitive multitasking was the primary reason. Synergy has been amazing, too. Pulling contact info from Facebook is awesome.
    Form factor. I had a Treo, and I wanted something that kept the physical keyboard but had a larger screen, so I could read the web and show people photos.

Oh -- and I wanted something with e-mail at least as good as what I had on the Treo. I didn't get that. The mail client that comes with the Pre is okay, but not as good as snappermail. But I knew the mail program on the iPhone wasn't very good, and at least in theory someone might release a good email program for the Pre.
    Been with Palm and Verizon for years, saw the Pre on Sprint and wanted it bad but did not want to leave Verizon. So I heard it was coming to Verizon and waited to upgrade. Love the Pre!
    The card views. I saw the commercials for Sprint, then a friend with one came over from out of town, I drained his battery playing with it, after an hour I was sold.

Card view is still my favorite thing.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I originally joined Sprint just to get the Pre when it was released simply because I was amazed with what WebOS had to offer. Unfortuatley, I got one of the early Pre's that had a bad build qualit and got the impression that the phone would not last long at all (I had a Pre with a very loose slider, etc.)

I returned the phone and left Sprint within my 30 day period. I returned to my BlackBerry Bold 9000 on my month-month non contract AT&T lifestyle. After that I joined Verizon and got a BlackBerry Tour because I was tired of dropped calls with AT&T. The Pre Plus came out a few months after thst and wanted to give it another shot because WebOS was easilt the best mobile OS I had ever used up to that point. WebOS is superior to all other mobile OS's that I have used (i owned an iPhone 3G, multiple BlackBerry's, and Windows Mobile devices.) The instant Verizon started the Pre Plus promo for $49.99 with free Mobile Hotspot, I opened a new line and have been using a Pre Plus since. No durability issues with the Pre Plus and now I have Preware and the 800 mhz overclock and couldn't be happier.

I didn't mean for the big story, but I guess it couldn't hurt to mention it.

Basically, I got my Pre Plus because of WebOs, free Mobile Hotspot, Price, and the fact that I was getting frustrated with the BlackBerry browser.

Now that I know there is Preware and homebrew, that is a reason why I would recommend the WebOS platform.

I'm happy that Palm was purchased by HP and saved in a way. I look forward to upgrading to another WebOS phone in the future!

- Posted from my Pre Plus!
    Simply because I am an unapologetic Palm fan boy :P
    WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    Please tell a new user more....what does webOS do for us...thanks.

Maybe even start another thread....I for 1 real new to this

Thanks
    Haven't you used your phone yet? I would have thought that it was self evident.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast