1.    #1  
    So, some time ago I was using Winamp to manage the music on my Pre. I plugged it in, selected "Media Sync" and dragged and dropped. All was well, except for a couple of odd crashes. Once I had everything how I wanted, I left it alone.

I've had to replace my Pre since then, and only today got around to adding some music back. For some reason, Winamp doesn't see it. I enabled the Media Sync option, selected it, and... nothing. It never shows up in Portable Devices. I'm using the latest Winamp; I uninstalled/reinstalled from the latest installer. My Pre shows up as a browseable drive in Windows, but not as a portable device in Winamp. Any suggestions? I've looked through the forums without success, but if this has already been discussed I'd appreciate a pointer. Thanks.
    Last edited by froggersloth; 07/29/2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Just use windows media player to sync. I do it all the time.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Apart from using WMP for ANYTHING being highly questionable, I can understand why he wants to use Winamp for synching and I bet it's not, because he mainly listens to music with iTunes on his PC.

So, some time ago I was using Winamp to manage the music on my Pre.
    When was that? Maybe in a time, where WebOS was still giving the option "Media Sync" when being connected by USB? If so, this has to be reactivated manually nowadays.
    Head into "Device Information" and select "Enable Media Sync..." in the dropdown menu.

Hope this remedies it.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    When was that? Maybe in a time, where WebOS was still giving the option "Media Sync" when being connected by USB? If so, this has to be reactivated manually nowadays.
    Head into "Device Information" and select "Enable Media Sync..." in the dropdown menu.
    I'd already done the re-enabling of Media Sync, but it sadly didn't remedy the problem. Are you using Winamp for syncing? If so, is it the most recent WebOS + most recent Winamp? It would be useful to know if this is even possible, or if it's been phased out of either WebOS or Winamp. IIRC, the last time I synced (sanch? sunch?) my Pre, it was pretty painless-- immediate detection, etc.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Just use windows media player to sync. I do it all the time.
    I've really been trying to avoid WMP, but I might just have to bite the bullet...
    have you tried USB mode and not Media Sync?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    have you tried USB mode and not Media Sync?
    If you mean to transfer as a mass storage device, drag and drop instead of through Winamp, that does work. It even showed up in Winamp, but behaved the same as any mass storage transfer, rather than syncing.