Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru View Post
    That's it.

After reading this, I am going back to my Pre Plus and selling my Droid Incredible on eBay.

Played around with my Pre Plus today, and I actually MISS IT.

Miss the keyboard, miss the community, miss WebOS, everything.

The only thing I'll miss on my Droid Incredible is the camera, but I guess that's why I have my point and shoot.
    Plus, I'm betting the next Palm phone has a downright epic camera on it - that's the direction things are goind, and HP would be foolish not to follow.
    My son wanted the Droid at first. His argument was Droid just sounds cooler then Pre. After he messed around with my Pre for a couple days he decided the Pre was so much better.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm currently using iPhone 4. Haven't sold my PP+ yet. Not that thrilled with new iPhone. May go back to Pre!
    Whatever phone works best for you is the best.
    Awesome story by the OP

I know looking back at my previous years with Iphone and Blackberry, and now with WebOS, I am never looking back ever again hehe
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru View Post
    That's it.

After reading this, I am going back to my Pre Plus and selling my Droid Incredible on eBay.

Played around with my Pre Plus today, and I actually MISS IT.

Miss the keyboard, miss the community, miss WebOS, everything.

The only thing I'll miss on my Droid Incredible is the camera, but I guess that's why I have my point and shoot.
    That's awesome, I know my co-worker got the Incredible on launch day and after playing around with it through our entire 8 hour shift , I realized there was nothing that significant that the phone had that would lure me away from WebOS-
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    I admit- out of re box, a bone stock pre is a VERY poor contender..

this phone need to be overclocked and patched to make it a nice, enjoyable phone.
    Yeah yeah, well, a year old phone needs to be overclocked to be as fast as contenders that just got released. I'll never! And obviously, the new speeds are the only sufferable ones. How did people live with second-long waiting times?

And webOS needs to be patched to be enjoyed? So you're saying that stock webOS is unenjoyable because it allows you to effortlessly change around everything you want to how exactly you want it?
    And a Droid X or iPhone for example is more enjoyable because you're stuck with what you got, please don't put anything custom on it or we'll lock you out of your own phone, thanks.
    I can't make anything out of your continuious run-ons.
    well, the webOS simply rules.

granted, full feature google map is nice
    high density display like iPh looks great
    EVO and iPh sure is fast
    astronomical # of apps is.... Well, not bad

but

they just aren't as good as webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    I have been using Android for a couple of weeks, but I miss WebOS so much. I miss the synergy of my calendar, multiple-exchange accounts (EVO only supports one exchange account) and 3D gaming.

The EVO is a great phone, fast processor, dual cameras etc. I wish there was a way to port WebOS to the EVO. LOL!

I'm picking up my Pre tomorrow morning, then putting my EVO on eBay. Back when I had my Pre, I always had to reboot after playing Need for Speed or any other intense 3D game. Has anyone figured out how to get past this issue?

Switching from EVO to Pre - am I insane?
    Yes!
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Yeah yeah, well, a year old phone needs to be overclocked to be as fast as contenders that just got released. I'll never! And obviously, the new speeds are the only sufferable ones. How did people live with second-long waiting times?

And webOS needs to be patched to be enjoyed? So you're saying that stock webOS is unenjoyable because it allows you to effortlessly change around everything you want to how exactly you want it?
    And a Droid X or iPhone for example is more enjoyable because you're stuck with what you got, please don't put anything custom on it or we'll lock you out of your own phone, thanks.
    You don't need to patch WebOS to be enjoyed, but if you compare a 600MHz device to a 1GHz device, the 1GHz device will pretty much always win when it comes to how responsive the devices are. So, to compare the Pre or Pre Plus to the NEW high end devices, you NEED to go to the 1GHz mark or beyond(though 1.2GHz doesn't work for most devices). The one thing that really is needed for 1GHz operation is a bigger battery, because the 1150mAh battery that comes with our phones just isn't enough if you want to really show off your phone for any extended time.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The best love is crazy love. When they all say there is no way this love should exist, you are the one that says it should. The Pre may not be the prettiest or most desirable on the outside. But when you get to know her, and find out how to nurture and support her, you will have a very good life with her that those on the outside can only hope to understand.

So yes, you probably are insane. The folks here at Pre Central have your back though. Most of us are probably little insane too. I know I am.
    I still get giddy when I am effortlessly switching between apps, like having my phone app and contacts looking and notes to punch info into dial pad.
    I have a nurse friend and I am sure if she use a pre she would like it better.
    well, i had the pre at launch, and got the evo at launch. I do miss controlling the phone with swipes, but other than that, i can imagine ditching my evo. The battery smokes the pres.. I dont drop calls anymore.. I dont have to force roam at my house anymore.. I dont miss patching, simply because i dont need them now.. i have flash,speed,apps,3d games,i'm not forced to flood my contacts with any and everyone i've ever had contact with.. and with swype,who cares about a real keyboard anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I can't make anything out of your continuious run-ons.

At first I wasn't sure, but I am pretty sure now, he was disagreeing with your statement about it needing to be OC'd and patched to contend.

But then again not sure if it was a disagreement, or just a general rant about WebOS vs. other phones.
    One of the big benefits of webOS is how open the OS is and that homebrew and patching are encouraged, not clamped down tight like other OS's. Being able to keep a platform that is over a year old current through patching just exemplifies how awesome Palm/webOS is and why many people that have used it for any length of time and then leaves for some other brand finds themselves missing webOS and returning back to it for it's simplicity and flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    One of the big benefits of webOS is how open the OS is and that homebrew and patching are encouraged, not clamped down tight like other OS's. Being able to keep a platform that is over a year old current through patching just exemplifies how awesome Palm/webOS is and why many people that have used it for any length of time and then leaves for some other brand finds themselves missing webOS and returning back to it for it's simplicity and flexibility.
    I can't say that I've missed it all that much. But I've had smartphones and ppc's since they came out, so maybe the aweness of going from a dumbphone to a pre or droid wasnt the same for me,as it is some people. Also, there isn't a need to patch the hell out of my evo to stay relevant like webos.
    Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed my pre for the most part, and I was there during the rough days, when we had to ssh in and patch manually with scripts, I was forced to learn basic linux just to make webos enjoyable,just to forward a text. Whereas I dont have to do any of that now, theres no need for endless patches, android is a near complete os. And really, nevermind the evo, I dont think its fair to compare a new souped up phone to old hardware like the pre, so if my evo was spec'd the same as the pre, I would still prefer android over webos at this point. The phone itself is just a bigass bonus.
    The only thing i dont care for is how many devices carry android, thats what made the palm community so close knit, we were all on the same page. Of course I spend alot less time now on forums, which is kinda alright...
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    games on evo lag. Ashphalt 5 runs in slow motion but really smooth on the pre.
    Its lags some, I've onwed both and the pre does do games smoother. Of course I'm sure thats being worked on. My evo has never tmc'ed me though, ever. Of course with flash, who needs games,lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I can't say that I've missed it all that much. But I've had smartphones and ppc's since they came out, so maybe the aweness of going from a dumbphone to a pre or droid wasnt the same for me,as it is some people. Also, there isn't a need to patch the hell out of my evo to stay relevant like webos.
    Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed my pre for the most part, and I was there during the rough days, when we had to ssh in and patch manually with scripts, I was forced to learn basic linux just to make webos enjoyable,just to forward a text. Whereas I dont have to do any of that now, theres no need for endless patches, android is a near complete os. And really, nevermind the evo, I dont think its fair to compare a new souped up phone to old hardware like the pre, so if my evo was spec'd the same as the pre, I would still prefer android over webos at this point. The phone itself is just a bigass bonus.
    The only thing i dont care for is how many devices carry android, thats what made the palm community so close knit, we were all on the same page. Of course I spend alot less time now on forums, which is kinda alright...
    Can't patch/rom/jailbreak to get a physical keyboard. Actually had this discussion at dinner last night with 2 close friends and my family (both friends and my mom use iPhone). Told em straight up, even if it wasn't for ATT, the iPhone or any other phone won't get love from me if it doesn't have a physical keyboard.

With that said, the EVO is a big lose. It has nice hardware specs, but I have yet to find a phone that could actually replace my Pre (for how I use it). Even the wife won't give up the physical keyboard and she definitely not the same type of user as I am.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast