1.    #1  
    I listen to podcasts and RadioTime when I'm in my car. Anytime my signal changes to "R", I lose my data stream. I cannot reconnect until I'm back in EV mode. Is this to be expected? I am on a Sprint Pre.
    Bill
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    In your phone preferences, check if data roaming is disabled.
  3.    #3  
    it was disabled! Thanks for the pointer
    Data roaming on Sprint can be very expensive, I would check and see if your plan actually covers this....
    It is allowed by Sprint, just not in excess (meaning don't force your phone to roam).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Just a warning, you may be stuck with 1x or EDGE dataspeeds once you are roaming (depending on which carrier you are roaming on) and it may not be fast enough to keep up with the stream.

I run into this daily when I drive through a Sprint dead spot on the way to work. My solution is Dr.Podder. Great app for automatically downloading podcasts local to the Pre and playback for those times when I'm not on 3G or EDVO.
  7.    #7  
    hanks for all the feedback. I'm a SP customer, so I don't think I will be charged for data roaming
    I'm on Verizon, and i don't know what they would charge for this. I was recently in Canada, and had to enable roaming a couple times for Google Map usage. In the back of my mind I am thinking the BIG CHARGE hammer is about to smack me in the back of the head. We'll see what shows up on the bill (actually, my company gets the bill, so I might not see it unless it is pretty big...then they'll put me in a room with a bright light and interrogate me! Don't worry, the light will be fluorescent so we won't be wasting electricity )
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    it was disabled! Thanks for the pointer
    Data roaming is only 1xRT anyway. Isn't so slow that it's not even worth it to try to use data while roaming? I just wait until I get EV back up and running. Just my opinion.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.