Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    so does that mean my battery only holds 952.0459 now?
    Yes.
    You can prove it as described here
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks for posting. I was hoping someone with a higher capacity battery will show his results.
    You may do the following:
    Charge the battery to 100% and then look into /var/log/messages
    Find the lines including "BATTERY_IPC".
    Sample:
    Code:
    : {powerd}: BATTERY_IPC: (561.599976mAh, 100%, 100%_ui, 30C, 55mA, 4191mV, authentic)
    Here you can prove what mAh you get with 100% charge.

EDIT: Or what mAh webOS thinks you have. Don't know.
    I would love to see the results of this for someone with the Seidio battery.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I have no clue on how to find /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/32-<something> in internalz. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I have no clue on how to find /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/32-<something> in internalz. :-(
    I had trouble with this, too. You have to go up several directories from where it starts, by clicking on the /.., then when you see a folder called sys as an option, start navigating down.

I have a new (relatively) Seido 2300 battery. getfull40 reads 2300. getage reads 658.651. I'm pretty sure the formula 2300 * 658.651 / 100 isn't exactly the right number for my battery capacity, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I have a new (relatively) Seido 2300 battery. getfull40 reads 2300. getage reads 658.651. I'm pretty sure the formula 2300 * 658.651 / 100 isn't exactly the right number for my battery capacity, though.
    Weird. What does getcapacity say?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  6.    #46  
    This is funny. Maybe webOS can't handle such capacity nicely?
    Can you please try to find a line in /var/log/messages with the string BATTERY_IPC in it when your battery is fully charged?

EDIT: Yes please show us getcapacity
    Getcapacity shows 658.651

I don't know enough to go looking for a line in the message log.
    Getcapacity shows 658.651

I don't know enough to go looking for a line in the message log.
    On the command line, you could type:
    Code:
    cat /var/log/messages | grep "BATTERY_IPC"
    Edit: that will produce a whole bunch of messages. You might be able to use:
    Code:
    cat /var/log/messages | grep "BatteryOverchargeFault"
    But I think that will only work if you have fully charged your battery since your last reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    On the command line, you could type:
    Code:
    cat /var/log/messages | grep "BATTERY_IPC"
    Edit: that will produce a whole bunch of messages. You might be able to use:
    Code:
    cat /var/log/messages | grep "BatteryOverchargeFault"
    But I think that will only work if you have fully charged your battery since your last reboot.
    thanks. Then I can't do it until I get home. (and might be afraid to do it anyway. I don't do a lot of command-line stuff.)
    Thanks for the info on this - good thread! I felt silly spending $30 on a Muge battery once I found the $10 eForCity ones on Ebay...but now I see the Muegn is close to 1500mAH new - not bad!

My Mugen 1400 mah battery:

Getfull40 = 1463
    Getage = 100.0 (1 week old)

Anyone with an Ebay eForCity 1400 battery care to chime in?
    Hmm. Mine appear to be almost the worst on here. Have a launch day Palm stock battery (thought technically the 3rd Pre)...

getfull40: 1183.125 - similar to most others

getage: 65.62500

Meaning I'm currently only able to go up to 776.425mAh (pun intended). That's not even two thirds of the original amount! Been overclocking for about 3 months now (screenstate 500/720), have 3 touchstones that it is usually on, or connected to my car charger while in transit. Since its capacity has gone down so much, I've had to keep it charged a bunch... which, in turn, apparently might cause a faster capacity loss... it's like double jeopardy! haha.

And I believe that puts me at an average loss of about -2.5% a month.

But still, 66% seems pretty bad. Any chance Sprint will swap batteries with me? That or I guess time to buy a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Hmm. Mine appear to be almost the worst on here. Have a launch day Palm stock battery (thought technically the 3rd Pre)...

getfull40: 1183.125 - similar to most others

getage: 65.62500

Meaning I'm currently only able to go up to 776.425mAh (pun intended). That's not even two thirds of the original amount! Been overclocking for about 3 months now (screenstate 500/720), have 3 touchstones that it is usually on, or connected to my car charger while in transit. Since its capacity has gone down so much, I've had to keep it charged a bunch... which, in turn, apparently might cause a faster capacity loss... it's like double jeopardy! haha.

And I believe that puts me at an average loss of about -2.5% a month.

But still, 66% seems pretty bad. Any chance Sprint will swap batteries with me? That or I guess time to buy a new one.
    Your battery will have the same warranty as the phone. I suggest you get the 1400mAh aftermarket battery that fits in the standard cover...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Got my Pre in November '09

getfull40 - 1183.125
    getage - 66.40625
    getcapacity - 785.572

No wonder it seems like my battery drains so fast. I guess its time to start looking into getting anew battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Your battery will have the same warranty as the phone. I suggest you get the 1400mAh aftermarket battery that fits in the standard cover...
    Hmm, I might do that.

So the battery's under the same warranty as the phone, but what constitutes getting a replacement battery, especially if it "still works"? Just curious if this is something I could work out with Sprint (I have the Total Equipment Protection plan). Would be sweet getting a new free battery.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Thanks somline (OP) for posting this - now we have an actual way to see how the battery has aged over time. Makes the decision to get a new battery an easier one with some real information.

Although Li-Ion batteries are rechargeable, it's best to consider them a long-term consumable and replace them after a while. They have a finite number of (total) charges, and even if you don't use one it will chemically degrade over time.

And spare batteries are handy - I have a few spare Pre batteries (cheaply obtained) and also bought two Centro batteries (new, off Amazon, $3/ea no shipping). The Centro's work well, and having a spare battery or two helps when you can't charge for some reason (like traveling).
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    .... also bought two Centro batteries (new, off Amazon, $3/ea no shipping). The Centro's work well, and having a spare battery or two helps when you can't charge for some reason (like traveling).
    Does the Centro's shows the same info?
    I've got the Seidio 1350. However, it is only showing a capacity of 1078.125 and the GetAge is 93.75. Get full is 1150, though, so I think the calibration may be off for the extended battery?

I have two stock batteries as well.

The newer one has a get capacity of 1149.30 and GetAge of 100% and the older has a capacity of 1182.69 and GetAge of 100%.

Thoughts?
    Sounds like a recurring theme with the Seidio battery. Does it really have a 1350 mah capacity?
    ok my batt is fine.lol i jus glanced at the op and i seen that his numbers were 1000+ and mine was less than 100.

mine reads 97.656625 and 1183.125
    Original Pre purchased on Day 1 of release

Getfull40 = 1183.125
    Getage = 82.03125

Last edited by lsuinhouston; 07/29/2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Updated figure
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast