Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    ATTENTION: NuttyBunny has the same battery and killed it.
    These Chinese "2300"mAh are set age=1150. I don't know how this can work because of the overcharge fault check. They must have programed the chip in a wrong way
    Maybe after just the first calibration after setting it to 2300 and disabling overcharge protection it would work.

I think mine died after I kept on experimenting, remember? First 2300, then 2600, then 3200 and beyond (and well, it died).

But after the first successful calibration at 2300 it worked like a champ, about 6 hours with wifi and messaging (gtalk).

It did shut down that time after going from 2% to 0%.

So, in my opinion, it could be set to 2300, disable overcharge protection, calibrate once, reenable overcharge protection and never touch it again

I'll might get another one soon.. Hehehe
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    2800 is 2300
    echo 0x6a28 > setreg
    echo 0x6b00 > setreg

For reference:
    1150 = 0e60

In fact, go here
    Sorry a typo:

2800 is 2300
    echo 0x6a23 > setreg
    echo 0x6b00 > setreg
    Sorry a typo:

2800 is 2300
    echo 0x6a23 > setreg
    echo 0x6b00 > setreg
    Woah.. Sorry... Fixed!
    Nice catch!
  4.    #444  
    Maybe after just the first calibration after setting it to 2300 and disabling overcharge protection it would work.

I think mine died after I kept on experimenting, remember? First 2300, then 2600, then 3200 and beyond (and well, it died).

But after the first successful calibration at 2300 it worked like a champ, about 6 hours with wifi and messaging (gtalk).

It did shut down that time after going from 2% to 0%.

So, in my opinion, it could be set to 2300, disable overcharge protection, calibrate once, reenable overcharge protection and never touch it again

I'll might get another one soon.. Hehehe
    Thanks for giving this overview. May be sipple31 is nervy enough to play with it ;-)
    I don't know if it's because it's 3:30am and I'm still awake or I'm really just not understanding this, but I'm not sure which category I fall under. For the past few weeks my battery will go from 40% to 0% and tell me it needs to be charged, and, for the most part, I can still run it a while before it dies completely. I still have my original battery even though I do have a new (refurb) phone, and it's the China/Korea battery.

My getfull is 1183.125.
    My getage is 90.625.

Now if I'm reading this post right is the getage a percentage or is that the same kind of number as the getfull? I'm going to the Sprint store tomorrow to have them check the battery before I do anything else and hopefully they'll just reset the capacity like happened to another poster here, but just in case they don't, can you clarify for me? I'd very much appreciate it!
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by jen4muzik View Post

My getfull is 1183.125.
    My getage is 90.625.

Now if I'm reading this post right is the getage a percentage or is that the same kind of number as the getfull? I'm going to the Sprint store tomorrow to have them check the battery before I do anything else and hopefully they'll just reset the capacity like happened to another poster here, but just in case they don't, can you clarify for me? I'd very much appreciate it!
    Yes getage is the percentage it's no capacity (mAh).
    EDIT: Your Capacity = getfull * getage / 100
    You should use the app Dr.Battery to analyze your battery.
    The getage is an estimation done by counting charge circles. You should recalibrate it with Dr.Battery to get the true (age, Health) value.

EDIT2: Resetting the age does'nt help. Actual you can reset it with Dr.Battery. You can't reset the physics of a battery ;-) You only can get the true capacity by calibrating.
    Last edited by somline; 09/14/2010 at 03:27 AM.
    Thanks! I told you I was tired, I meant calibrate rather than reset!

Danke
    Thanks for giving this overview. May be sipple31 is nervy enough to play with it ;-)
    currently got my capacity to 2300 and overcharge protection disabled.

I have some running around to do today - but plan on killing the battery throughout the day and calibrating tonight.

Hopefully everything works out. Thank you guys so much! I can't believe this huge battery was set to 1150... what a joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    currently got my capacity to 2300 and overcharge protection disabled.

I have some running around to do today - but plan on killing the battery throughout the day and calibrating tonight.

Hopefully everything works out. Thank you guys so much! I can't believe this huge battery was set to 1150... what a joke!
    Just recalibrate once and you should be fine

Also, remember to reenable overcharge protection after calibration
    Ok, so when the battery started to die today it went from 61% to 0. 61%!!! I was so annoyed but I thought, this is perfect, I can run Dr Battery and recalibrate the battery. Problem now is it's saying the getage went from 90.625 to 50. I'm a little nervous, now, gotta say...
    Ok, so when the battery started to die today it went from 61% to 0. 61%!!! I was so annoyed but I thought, this is perfect, I can run Dr Battery and recalibrate the battery. Problem now is it's saying the getage went from 90.625 to 50. I'm a little nervous, now, gotta say...
    Sounds like your battery is shot. You can go to Sprint and see if they'll replace it for you, or you can buy an OEM Pre battery pretty cheap.

You can get a new OEM Palm Pre battery currently from Amazon for $8.44 shipped.

You can also get a Centro battery from ebay for $3.20 shipped. These work fine in the Pre but they may be degraded a little due to age.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/14/2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added info
  12.    #452  
    As Trecker said. Buy a new one.
    For your info: getage can't go beneath 50%. So maybe you even have less.
    And you're not alone. This same thing happened to me after 3/4 year.
    You may can get a replacement from provider or palm depending of the age (guaranty).

You never drained the battery more then 61% before?
    Just recalibrate once and you should be fine

Also, remember to reenable overcharge protection after calibration
    Done! http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2661740

Hey while we're posting the mAh Hex's.... what is 2000?
  14.    #454  
    Done! http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2661740

Hey while we're posting the mAh Hex's.... what is 2000?
    That sounds really good. I would suggest using 2050mAh:

2050 * 3,2 = 6560 =19a0

echo 0x6a19 > setreg
    echo 0x6ba0 > setreg
    reboot

Congrats ;-)
    That sounds really good. I would suggest using 2050mAh:

2050 * 3,2 = 6560 =19a0

echo 0x6a19 > setreg
    echo 0x6ba0 > setreg
    reboot

Congrats ;-)
    nice. Then recalibrate again or no?

Let's see if i'm getting a hang of this... so for my cheapo 1400 mah batt that is reading 1183 I would do the following?

1400:
    cd /sys/devices/w1*/32-*
    echo 0x6a11 > setreg
    echo 0x6b80 > setreg
    reboot
    Last edited by sipple31; 09/15/2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: added on...
  16.    #456  
    nice. Then recalibrate again or no?

Let's see if i'm getting a hang of this... so for my cheapo 1400 mah batt that is reading 1183 I would do the following?

1400:
    cd /sys/devices/w1*/32-*
    echo 0x6a11 > setreg
    echo 0x6b80 > setreg
    reboot
    1. You don't have to recalibrate. At first the battery readings my get confused. But I think at the first full charge (or full drain) it should work.
    But you also can calibrate again. Maybe you get even more ;-)

EDIT: This is wrong since the Health (age) will still be on 88%. Calibration is suggested.

2. Yes, thats the value.
    Last edited by somline; 09/15/2010 at 11:37 AM.
  17.    #457  
    1. You don't have to recalibrate. At first the battery readings my get confused. But I think at the first full charge (or full drain) it should work.
    But you also can calibrate again. Maybe you get even more ;-)

2. Yes, thats the value.
    Sorry you should calibrate since the Health is still on 88%. Reset Health to 100% before.

EDIT:

Not too bad for $17 shipped... but was certainly a hassle.
    What hassle? This is fun ;-)
    Sorry you should calibrate since the Health is still on 88%. Reset Health to 100% before.

EDIT:

What hassle? This is fun ;-)
    Haha - I actually don't mind the linux portion.... it's catching the battery at the learning Flag. It pretty much requires babysitting it, ya know?
    As Trecker said. Buy a new one.
    For your info: getage can't go beneath 50%. So maybe you even have less.
    And you're not alone. This same thing happened to me after 3/4 year.
    You may can get a replacement from provider or palm depending of the age (guaranty).

You never drained the battery more then 61% before?
    Oh no, I've drained it to less than 61% before, it just dropped to 0 from 61% when it usually did that at 40%.

Since I've calibrated, which I did a second time as well, it's definitely going much lower, I've gotten it down to like 9%, so it's going lower, but it's also discharging faster. I'm going to try to see if they'll replace the battery, it's not even a year old! My battery for my Treo lasted like 3 years, and I ended up with like 3 extra batteries, too! I wish I could use those *sigh*

Thanks for all your help!
  20.    #460  
    Oh no, I've drained it to less than 61% before, it just dropped to 0 from 61% when it usually did that at 40%.

Since I've calibrated, which I did a second time as well, it's definitely going much lower, I've gotten it down to like 9%, so it's going lower, but it's also discharging faster. I'm going to try to see if they'll replace the battery, it's not even a year old! My battery for my Treo lasted like 3 years, and I ended up with like 3 extra batteries, too! I wish I could use those *sigh*

Thanks for all your help!
    Don't worry they are cheap. You can also use the Centro's.
    It's not discharging faster. That's not possible. It just tells you the truth.