Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 507
  1. #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Not really. The threads are redundant. This thread served it's purpose before the Dr Battery app was created. You'll find the same things being talked about in both threads.

    Of course, it's up to somline to decide.

    Just like you'll find kernel stuff being discussed in the Govnah thread...

    they don't belong together.


    M.
  2. #422  
    Original battery from 15 months ago and getfull40 is 1183.125 and getage is 73.43750. Multiply the two together and it yields 86885.742. Then divide by 100 (to take into consideration the percentage) and get 868.85742 mA Hours (I think that's right).
    BTW, last night I was using the phone and the battery percentage dropped from 31% to 0% in a split second!! What in the creation of everything holy and sane caused that to happen? I also Doctored the Pre yesterday as well. I guess this just proves that the battery is done for. Pea Soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  3.    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Original battery from 15 months ago and getfull40 is 1183.125 and getage is 73.43750. Multiply the two together and it yields 86885.742. Then divide by 100 (to take into consideration the percentage) and get 868.85742 mA Hours (I think that's right).
    BTW, last night I was using the phone and the battery percentage dropped from 31% to 0% in a split second!! What in the creation of everything holy and sane caused that to happen? I also Doctored the Pre yesterday as well. I guess this just proves that the battery is done for. Pea Soup.
    I know this is a long thread. Your phenomenon is well known as the 20drop0 syndrome. You need to recalibrate the battery but as you said: 73% doesn't look good and I except it will be much less after recalibration.

    Please use Dr Battery for that purpose.
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 07:32 AM.
  4.    #424  
    I want to explain what of the findings we made I implemented how in Dr.Battery:

    The "Actual" and "Health" scene do nothing but read our well known interface files.
    The "Calibrate" scene resets the UVF and PORF when active.
    Calibrate also sets VAE to 0xaf. 19.5 mV more then stock. Seems to give us enough time to connect the charger.
    When closing the Calibrate scene VAE is set back to 0xae.
    The service already includes the code to set the age between 50% and 100% and the full40 between 500 and 5000mAh. The GUI is only using the setage with fixed 100% in this version.
    Last edited by somline; 09/01/2010 at 09:32 AM.
  5. Kaihmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #425  
    I'll move my post to the other thread then. Thanks.
  6.    #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    I'll move my post to the other thread then. Thanks.
    Sorry for not answering. You should recalibrate the battery/ies using Dr.Battery.
  7. #427  
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know every time you do this with a new battery it not the same hence its reading info from the on-board battery chip WOOT mine is at 1130.302 so not bad at all i went through and checked all 12 of my battery's 2 were down to 677.34 something lol they got tossed
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know every time you do this with a new battery it not the same hence its reading info from the on-board battery chip WOOT mine is at 1130.302 so not bad at all i went through and checked all 12 of my battery's 2 were down to 677.34 something lol they got tossed
    Sorry I don't understand that (maybe my english knowledge). Can you please explain it for me?
    If you're saying, that each battery has it's own Health value: That is absolutely correct. The calibration is done inside the battery and the result is stored in the battery. Nothing of this is stored in the palm.
  9. #429  
    Gave it a try.

    After I was requested to plug in the charger and did so, the phone froze in that state (with the alert shown at the display's bottom). No reaction to key presses any more.

    This didn't change for minutes. Couldn't see whether it was charging or not - but it seemed not to do so. After I unplugged the charger, the phone magically woke up again but switched off shortly after.

    Will try a second time.

    P.S. Grüße aus Wilmersdorf. :-)

    P.P.S. Had several tries without success. Took the battery out for a few seconds and tried again, this time the charger was detected and it's calibrating now.
    Last edited by palimpalim; 09/01/2010 at 06:12 PM.
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    Gave it a try.

    After I was requested to plug in the charger and did so, the phone froze in that state (with the alert shown at the display's bottom). No reaction to key presses any more.

    This didn't change for minutes. Couldn't see whether it was charging or not - but it seemed not to do so. After I unplugged the charger, the phone magically woke up again but switched off shortly after.

    Will try a second time.

    P.S. Grüße aus Wilmersdorf. :-)

    P.P.S. Had several tries without success. Took the battery out for a few seconds and tried again, this time the charger was detected and it's calibrating now.
    This behavior is well known but the solution was not proofed as of now.
    Thanks for posting this.

    BUT: Please post everything regarding Dr.Battery in the support thread.

    This thread now is for technical background discussions.

    Gruß aus Tempelhof ;-)

    EDIT: I quoted your post in the Dr.Battery thread since you made an important proof. Thanks for this.
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 02:16 AM.
  11. hartmund's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #431  
    my capacity says 580 and my getage 49. Does that mean my stockbattery from 10/13/09 lost half of it's original capacity? Today it dropped from 70to0. It never did such a huge drop before... So i had to charge the pre with my extended battery which only has 800mah but my pre was fully charged after about an hour.
    i obviously need to get a new battery...

    grüße aus aachen :-)
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    my capacity says 580 and my getage 49. Does that mean my stockbattery from 10/13/09 lost half of it's original capacity? Today it dropped from 70to0. It never did such a huge drop before... So i had to charge the pre with my extended battery which only has 800mah but my pre was fully charged after about an hour.
    i obviously need to get a new battery...

    grüße aus aachen :-)
    This is a dead battery. You can try to recalibrate with Dr.Battery. But it will not help. Buy a new one ore get a replacement from palm (1 Year Guaranty in Germany)

    EDIT <German> Du kannst den Akku umtauschen solange du unter 1 Jahr bist was ich vermute, da es den Palm noch nicht so lange in Deutschland gibt.
    Ich habe das erfolgreich nach 3/4 Jahr getan.</German>
  13. #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    my capacity says 580 and my getage 49. Does that mean my stockbattery from 10/13/09 lost half of it's original capacity? Today it dropped from 70to0. It never did such a huge drop before... So i had to charge the pre with my extended battery which only has 800mah but my pre was fully charged after about an hour.
    i obviously need to get a new battery...

    grüße aus aachen :-)
    Welcome to the club
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I want to explain what of the findings we made I implemented how in Dr.Battery:

    The "Actual" and "Health" scene do nothing but read our well known interface files.
    The "Calibrate" scene resets the UVF and PORF when active.
    Calibrate also sets VAE to 0xaf. 19.5 mV more then stock. Seems to give us enough time to connect the charger.
    When closing the Calibrate scene VAE is set back to 0xae.
    The service already includes the code to set the age between 50% and 100% and the full40 between 500 and 5000mAh. The GUI is only using the setage with fixed 100% in this version.
    Here is how you can see what Dr.Battery is changing in the chip (in the logfile messages):
    This example prints out the change of the VAE (Register 0x66 to Value 0xaf)
    Code:
    kernel: [13608.890000] DS2784: register changed by user 66: 0xaf
    Last edited by somline; 09/03/2010 at 04:00 AM.
  15. #435  
    My Pre+ battery from Feb this year was down to 50% capacity. I found these centro OEM batteries on ebay. Bought 1 to try was very impressed with them and bought 2 more. They last longer than my original battery did brand new. They all say 1183 when charged. For the price you can't go wrong.

    NEW OEM PALM CENTRO 685 690 TREO 800W PRE PLUS BATTERY - eBay (item 330452213450 end time Sep-14-10 11:21:03 PDT)
  16. #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by driver60 View Post
    My Pre+ battery from Feb this year was down to 50% capacity. I found these centro OEM batteries on ebay. Bought 1 to try was very impressed with them and bought 2 more. They last longer than my original battery did brand new. They all say 1183 when charged. For the price you can't go wrong.

    NEW OEM PALM CENTRO 685 690 TREO 800W PRE PLUS BATTERY - eBay (item 330452213450 end time Sep-14-10 11:21:03 PDT)
    Currently listed for $3.56 and free shipping! As a comparison, Seidio's fake 1350 with shipping costs $48.66.

    If I didn't have several batteries already, I would jump all over this.
  17. #437  
    What is the hex to set a battery's capacity to 2300 mah?

    thanks!
  18. #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    What is the hex to set a battery's capacity to 2300 mah?

    thanks!

    I have the same question, but with 2800mAh. I'm finally going to start working on that one.


    M.
  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    What is the hex to set a battery's capacity to 2300 mah?

    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I have the same question, but with 2800mAh. I'm finally going to start working on that one.


    M.
    2300 should be 1cc0
    echo 0x6a1c > setreg
    echo 0x6bc0 > setreg

    2800 is 2300
    echo 0x6a23 > setreg
    echo 0x6b00 > setreg

    For reference:
    1150 = 0e60

    In fact, go here
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 09/14/2010 at 12:15 AM.
  20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    What is the hex to set a battery's capacity to 2300 mah?

    thanks!
    ATTENTION: NuttyBunny has the same battery and killed it.
    These Chinese "2300"mAh are set age=1150. I don't know how this can work because of the overcharge fault check. They must have programed the chip in a wrong way

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions