Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 507
  1. #21  
    You could also just look at getcapacity. Same number for me.

    Edit: oops, I see OP also said you can just look at getcapacity.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 07/29/2010 at 09:39 AM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    why isn't this included in the Battery Gauge app already?
    I already send neville a pm asking to include it in battery monitor.
  3. #23  
    1060...have Pre since October. But getcapacity is the same number for me
  4. #24  
    Thanks for the research. I am at approximately 1059, and 92%, and I can live with that.
    8-month-old Pre.
    Prē
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rondera View Post
    1060...have Pre since October. But getcapacity is the same number for me
    You all are right, as mentioned before. getcapacity gives you (almost) the same number.
    But it seems that webOS is calculating the overcharge fault with this formula.
  6. #26  
    1090 for m, good for after six months.
  7. #27  
    My original capacity is only 997 with 86.7% capacity left. Now wonder my battery life stinks. I keep my pre on a touchstone for about 7hrs per day since launch.
  8. #28  
    Hmm... my results:
    getfull40 = 1150
    getcapacity = 1085

    the problem is that this is a Seidio battery supposedly rated at 1350. Could this mean false advertising of the Seidio battery? I suppose it could be that internally it reports 1150 even though it truly is 1350, but that seems like it would cause an inaccurate calculation of remaining life, so that doesn't seem right either. Any ideas?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by davsalinas View Post
    Hmm... my results:
    getfull40 = 1150
    getcapacity = 1085

    the problem is that this is a Seidio battery supposedly rated at 1350. Could this mean false advertising of the Seidio battery? I suppose it could be that internally it reports 1150 even though it truly is 1350, but that seems like it would cause an inaccurate calculation of remaining life, so that doesn't seem right either. Any ideas?
    Thanks for posting. I was hoping someone with a higher capacity battery will show his results.
    You may do the following:
    Charge the battery to 100% and then look into /var/log/messages
    Find the lines including "BATTERY_IPC".
    Sample:
    Code:
    : {powerd}: BATTERY_IPC: (561.599976mAh, 100%, 100%_ui, 30C, 55mA, 4191mV, authentic)
    Here you can prove what mAh you get with 100% charge.

    EDIT: Or what mAh webOS thinks you have. Don't know.

    EDIT2: As of this post, this info is not true.
    Last edited by somline; 08/10/2010 at 11:54 PM.
  10. #30  
    I have the 1350 mAh battery from Seidio too, and my getfull40 reads 1150.00 as well.

    I put in my original palm 1150 mAh batter (I've had this pre and battery since launch day) and after rebooting my getfull40 reads 1183.125.

    I am thinking Seidio is a liar......

    Anyone with a different brand higher capacity battery (or a larger capacity Seidio) that can post their results??????
  11. #31  
    getage only 80%.... I've always had higher temps than my wifes pre+ too....hmmm...only had them 4 mon...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  12. #32  
    1136 on my second battery. The first one completely died. Glad my second battery is holding up!
  13. #33  
    im really bad with the command line thing. i am having trouble pulling it up in terminal. is this ( the same as <? how would you get < with the sym key. thanks for the help.
  14. #34  
    @Supercluver

    I have the Mugen battery rated @ 1400 mAh and getfull reads 1363.125.

    Afte 8 months of use and the last 2 months on the TS I'm down to 1235.33.

    That's a monthly battery loss of 1.17%.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    im really bad with the command line thing. i am having trouble pulling it up in terminal. is this ( the same as <? how would you get < with the sym key. thanks for the help.
    use:
    cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/32-*/getage

    It's much easier with internalz or ssh
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I have the Mugen battery rated @ 1400 mAh and getfull reads 1363.125.

    Afte 8 months of use and the last 2 months on the TS I'm down to 1235.33.

    That's a monthly battery loss of 1.17%.
    Thanks for posting and sorry to hear ;-). Now we see that the getfull40 is really showing the info from the battery.
    But why is the Seidio not showing 1350?

    EDIT: I think after 8 month it's ok.
    Last edited by somline; 07/29/2010 at 09:27 AM.
  17. #37  
    Mugen 1400 mah battery

    Getfull40 = 1363
    Getage = 97.6

    97% looks good. The Getfull number is a bit lower than actual. I wonder how I calibrate it to report the full capacity.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    use:
    cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/32-*/getage

    It's much easier with internalz or ssh
    Thanks so much 97.65625, looks good to me.
  19. #39  
    my battery says
    getfull40 = 1183.125
    getage = 80.46875

    1183.125 * 80.46875% = 952.0459

    so does that mean my battery only holds 952.0459 now?

    I do put my battery through hell with overclocking and all
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    my battery says
    getfull40 1183.125
    getage 80.46875

    1183.125 * 80.46875% = 952.0459

    so does that mean my battery only holds 952.0459 now?
    For all practical purposes, yes.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions