Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    How do you get "1350" out of those?
    M.
    Did I post wrong values? I normally check them with my pre. I cant find that post. Can you please point me to that post so I can repair it? I'm really sorry.

1350 has to be 4320 hex 10e0
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Did I post wrong values? I normally check them with my pre. I cant find that post. Can you please point me to that post so I can repair it? I'm really sorry.

1350 has to be 4320 hex 10e0

Post 205

You had said to use 0x1480, but I found that 0x147f made my battery *display* correctly.

M.
  3.    #283  
    Post 205

You had said to use 0x1480, but I found that 0x147f made my battery *display* correctly.

M.
    Ah, that put my mind to rest. speed down:
    Everything you put to setreg consist out of two things:
    The address of a register and the value.
    In this thread we are talking about two numbers:
    1. FULL40
    2. AGE

The address for age is 0x14.
    For Full40 we need two addresses 0x6a and 0x6b (2 byte).

Your 0x1480 is the AGE.
    0x14 = address of AGE
    80 = Value for 100%

EDIT: The formula posted is only useful for the FULL40 and gives you two bytes. MSB and LSB. Most Significant byte and Least Significant Byte.
    Last edited by somline; 08/17/2010 at 01:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have a Seidio Battery and catted the getfull4o and it reported as 1150. I'm mad and to make it worse I got it in Jan so that means my warranty is up. They screwed me.
    I have a Seidio Battery and catted the getfull4o and it reported as 1150. I'm mad and to make it worse I got it in Jan so that means my warranty is up. They screwed me.
    Join the club. My 1350 and my girlfriend's both show 1150 for getfull40. That fact, combined with my Innocase tabs breaking off, has led me to the decision to never patronize Seidio again for anything.

Funny, I contacted Seidio CS about my Innocase and they told me they couldn't do anything for me. Damn thieves.
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawkt22 View Post
    Please try to get an exchange. Point them to http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-1350-a.html.

Thanks Seidio for the courage to post in this thread.
    To sad you didn't answer our questions again.
    You have a (big) quality problem producing these batteries.
    A technician can easily verify this case.

We expect you exchange ALL of this faulty batteries regardless of the day of purchase or else this really looks like a case of fraud.

Repair the damage to your reputation

EDIT:We are not talking about peanuts here. These (affected) batteries cost 45$ and have the same (quality) capacity as a battery you can get for under 10$. So someone could make 450% profit.
    They HAVE to exchange it.
  7.    #287  
    You all know I'm not native english speaking. But I would write something like this to Seidio:

-------------------------
    Hi Seidio,

it turned out I got a faulty battery from you. Your Battery never had the 1350mAh I payed for.
    I proved that by reading the full value in the EEPROM memory block at register 6A and 6B from the integrated Fuel Gauge IC Dallas Semiconductor MAXIM DS2784.
    As you certainly know this value is set by the manufacturer (which is you) and never gets changed later. This value is the rated capacity your battery was sold.
    I always wondered why the battery life never was longer than with the original Palm one. Now I found the reason why.
    I expect you will exchange it. I assume this happened accidentally and you don't sell batteries with less capacity intentionally.
    -------

Maybe someone can write an exemplary letter and post it here.

EDIT: I posted the same in the "Don't buy..." thread.
    Last edited by somline; 08/17/2010 at 02:51 PM.
    Maybe someone can write an exemplary letter and post it here.

How's this:

~~~~~~~

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently purchased a 1350mAh battery for my Palm Pre from you and I have found it to be faulty.

I have proven this battery to either be designed faulty or is a relabeled 1150mAh battery. I proved that by reading the full value in the EEPROM memory block at register 6A and 6B from the integrated Fuel Gauge IC Dallas Semiconductor MAXIM DS2784. As your engineering staff should certainly know this value is set by the manufacturer (which is you) and never gets changed later. This value reported is NOT the rated capacity at which your battery is marketed / sold. I always wondered why the battery life never was longer than with the original Palm one. Now I found the reason why.

I expect you to exchange it. I assume this happened accidentally and you don't sell batteries with less capacity intentionally.

Sincerely,
    Mega-Disgruntled Seido Battery Buyer
  9.    #289  
    How's this:
    Thanks Xanadu,
    someone should write something about that to the (american) press. I've found the same complain in other (android) forums. It seems this company is doing the same thing with others too.

EDIT: I've posted this to the leading computer magazine in germany C't.
    Last edited by somline; 08/17/2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Sorry,
    I hope I could do in my brain. Probably to old for this. ;-)

Thanks NuttyBunny,
    use scientific view for windows pc or programmer view (cmd 3) for mac calculator
    EDIT: Don't know for linux
    On Linux, gnome-calculator has a "programmer" calculator mode, thee yiu can do the conversion
    Thanks Xanadu,
    someone should write something about that to the (american) press. I've found the same complain in other (android) forums. It seems this company is doing
    I wonder why PreCentral hasn't done an article about this yet?
    Come down. This was an completely open investigation. Everything is posted already. Nobody was hiding anything.

FULL40: post #124
    Fomula: Post #232

If you had ask more friendly i had given you the explanation of the usage of the formula.
    Oh mister, you miscalculate my mood. [insert tongue in cheek smiley here...] I am not saying you're hiding anything, and I read those posts, but I am asking for how you come up with the value. Let's say I don't want to set it back to 1183.125 but instead want to set it to 1263... What's the code and how do you derive it? I looked at that formula and I don't understand it. PLease provide an example. for one, what's hex, what's not?

Thanks. Please know how much I appriciate.
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 08/17/2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Ah, that put my mind to rest. speed down:
    Everything you put to setreg consist out of two things:
    The address of a register and the value.
    In this thread we are talking about two numbers:
    1. FULL40
    2. AGE

The address for age is 0x14.
    For Full40 we need two addresses 0x6a and 0x6b (2 byte).

Your 0x1480 is the AGE.
    0x14 = address of AGE
    80 = Value for 100%

EDIT: The formula posted is only useful for the FULL40 and gives you two bytes. MSB and LSB. Most Significant byte and Least Significant Byte.
    So - Please tell us what the formula for age is? I don't get how a number that only has 128 possibilities can be enough. how does the battery store the number of cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    So - Please tell us what the formula for age is? I don't get how a number that only has 128 possibilities can be enough. how does the battery store the number of cycles.
    Ya know, on the VERY FIRST POST he linked to the .PDF of the chip's specs...

M.
  15.    #295  
    So - Please tell us what the formula for age is? I don't get how a number that only has 128 possibilities can be enough.
    From the manual:
    "The AS is a 1-byte value that has a range of 49.2% to 100%. .... A value of 100% (128 decimal or 80h) represents an unaged battery"

The age is calculated by this formula:

Result=AgeYouWant * 128 / 100
    Clear all decimal places. Or round the result.
    Then get the Hex of Result.
    The address of the age register is 0x14

Example
    50%:
    50 * 128 / 100 = 64; HEX 0x40
    echo 0x1440 > setreg

80%:
    80 * 128 / 100 = 102,4; -> HEX(102)=0x66
    Echo 0x1466 > setreg

EDIT:
    how does the battery store the number of cycles.
    This is more complicated. As Xanadu said: Please read the manual for that.
    Last edited by somline; 08/18/2010 at 01:17 AM.
    Excellent, my calibration ran fine.

As someone stated previously, the capacity gets reported as 600 (660.196) by the kernel, but at full charge I got 2265maAh of 2300. Very nice, 98.5% of the original capacity.

I'll check how it goes today.
    ??????
    what does it all mean Basil?????
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    ??????
    what does it all mean Basil?????
    What is wrong with the first post in this thread? Is my english that bad?
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Excellent, my calibration ran fine.

As someone stated previously, the capacity gets reported as 600 (660.196) by the kernel, but at full charge I got 2265maAh of 2300. Very nice, 98.5% of the original capacity.

I'll check how it goes today.
    Congrats NuttyBunny,
    what was your initial problem? Why did you recalibrate? What is the result (what values have changed)?
    Can you please give us a short explanation?
    What is wrong with the first post in this thread? Is my english that bad?

It's funny you say it that way because that's the exact sme thing that went hrough my head. And just to say it, your English is fine. It's this exact type of situation that almost cost the FOSS community here in Palm Land the brain power of UnixPsycho.

M.