Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 507
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    1114.0625 is mine, i should try my other battery?
    Is this a question? What is 1114? getfull40 or getcapacity. What do you excpect (is this a bigger (1350,1400 2600) battery? Is it an old battery?
    Sorry don't understand your post. I would be happy to have 1114 with my 3/4 year old stock one.
  2. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #222  
    somlline, I found my logging settings were at minimal and I changed powerd to "info". Now my battery_ipc line showed up in the logs.

    During a charge, I went to 1192 mAh and then shut down charging at the 4.196V limit. This is fairly close to my getage * getfull40 value of 1215 (.9 * 1350) so even though Sedio set it at 1150, it appears to be a 1350 battery.

    Still, I'll be highly displeased with them if they sold 1150 batteries as 1350. The Pre community should be warned.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    During a charge, I went to 1192 mAh and then shut down charging at the 4.196V limit. This is fairly close to my getage * getfull40 value of 1215 (.9 * 1350) so even though Sedio set it at 1150, it appears to be a 1350 battery.

    Still, I'll be highly displeased with them if they sold 1150 batteries as 1350. The Pre community should be warned.
    Interesting info, thanks. Still waiting for a response from Seidio (until tomorrow ;-)
    How old is the battery? Some stock ones can go to 1192 ether (at 100%).
    The problem with used batteries is that you don't know that you have 90% of a 1350 or still 100% of a 1150.

    I was surprised how different the age value can be with devices bought at the same time.
    We all know that the pre can hardly stand a day without charging. So I assume everybody has to charge once a day.
    I hope you are right.
  4. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #224  
    This Sedio was purchased about one year ago, and has been my everyday battery. I use the Pre a lot and charge frequently to stay topped off. I'm on a charger 2-4 times a day.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I've updated the first page to summarize all findings we made. Please check that there is nothing missing.
    I want to thank all of you participating and for the confidence you have placed in me.
    Especially davsalinas and Xanadu73.
    So much fun to play with just a phone ;-)
    I enjoyed learning about how the battery gets charged.

    Also, I looked at your summary and it looks very good. I'm glad you added the point about batteries that appear to suddenly drop to nothing, and the explanation that this must be due to their age being inaccurate. I saw the same behavior when I forced an inaccurate age due to fiddling with getfull40, and I know I've seen this complaint in other threads so I'm sure that others will benefit from this information.
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    This Sedio was purchased about one year ago, and has been my everyday battery. I use the Pre a lot and charge frequently to stay topped off. I'm on a charger 2-4 times a day.
    Then it really looks like a > 1150.
    Can you please explain what you did after setting it to 1350?
    I assume you let it drain to 0 and charge to full again?

    I know its hard to tell but do you think the runtime has increased after this procedure?
    I'm not 100% sure that this will be the case.
    Some time ago my battery always dropped to 0% but was still running for 1 or 2 hours. So I think a correct memory in the battery will result in correct readings of the % in the menuebar but does not necessarily change the running time.

    EDIT: @davsalinas: Thanks for the review.
  7. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Then it really looks like a > 1150.
    Can you please explain what you did after setting it to 1350?
    I assume you let it drain to 0 and charge to full again?

    I know its hard to tell but do you think the runtime has increased after this procedure?
    I'm not 100% sure that this will be the case.
    Some time ago my battery always dropped to 0% but was still running for 1 or 2 hours. So I think a correct memory in the battery will result in correct readings of the % in the menuebar but does not necessarily change the running time.

    EDIT: @davsalinas: Thanks for the review.
    First, I checked the values for getfull40 and getage. They were 1150 and 90.625.

    I then used your directions to alter the getfull40 value to 1350. My battery was at 25% prior to changing the setting, and after a reboot it immediately dropped to 20%.

    I then did a charge to 100%. The battery charged normally to 80%, but then charged more slowly to 100% than I've seen before. getage remained at 90.625 after this but getcapacity now reported about 1223.

    I have not discharged the battery below about 30% since doing all this (let me know if you'd like me to do this).

    The battery capacity is better. The Sedio was not as good as my two brand new Centro batteries before. Now they have similar run times, so 90% of 1350 seems a fair value for capacity.
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    I have not discharged the battery below about 30% since doing all this (let me know if you'd like me to do this).

    The battery capacity is better. The Sedio was not as good as my two brand new Centro batteries before. Now they have similar run times, so 90% of 1350 seems a fair value for capacity.
    Thanks very much. No leave it as it is since you seem satisfied with it ;-)
    Very interesting that it has squeezed the missing 20% out of it.
    Hopefully it will work for other either.
    Last edited by somline; 08/14/2010 at 07:26 AM.
  9. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #229  
    Does anyone know what the getrsense is for? My Sedio has a value of 20 for it.
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    First, I checked the values for getfull40 and getage. They were 1150 and 90.625.

    I then used your directions to alter the getfull40 value to 1350. My battery was at 25% prior to changing the setting, and after a reboot it immediately dropped to 20%.

    I then did a charge to 100%. The battery charged normally to 80%, but then charged more slowly to 100% than I've seen before. getage remained at 90.625 after this but getcapacity now reported about 1223.

    I have not discharged the battery below about 30% since doing all this (let me know if you'd like me to do this).

    The battery capacity is better. The Sedio was not as good as my two brand new Centro batteries before. Now they have similar run times, so 90% of 1350 seems a fair value for capacity.
    I'm a little skeptical of the battery reporting 1200+mAh. I had the same thing on my Seidio 1350 when I bumped the getfull40 from 1150 to 1350, but it just turned out to be a lie, once I finally calibrated it. The problem is that it shows higher capacity and everything looks good, but if you let the phone run lower than you have so far, I'd say let it go to 18% or maybe a little lower, it will just flat out die. It won't continue to discharging smoothly down to <8 or so like it should.
  11. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #231  
    davsalinas, it's worth a try. I'll run it down today.
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Does anyone know what the getrsense is for? My Sedio has a value of 20 for it.
    Seems to be that:
    From the manual:
    Sense Resistor Prime (RSNSP[1/Ω])—RSNSP stores the value of the sense resistor for use in computing the absolute capacity results. The resistance is stored as a 1-byte conductance value with units of mhos (1/Ω. RSNSP supports resistor values of 1Ω to 3.922mΩ. RSNS is located in the parameter EEPROM block.

    Seems to be 20 for all and is actually used in the kernel to calculate the getfull40 from the hexvalue to mAh.
    I posted this formula before but did put already the value in it to make it easier. (EDIT: Just found I posted it wrong but have it corrected;-)
    The (main) code in the kernel for the getfull40 looks like this:
    Code:
    full40 = ((((u32)data->full40 ) *  25000L) >> 2) / data->rsense  ;
    I used the formula to reverse calculate the hexvalues.
    Last edited by somline; 08/13/2010 at 10:29 AM.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    davsalinas, it's worth a try. I'll run it down today.
    I'm afraid I think the same as davsalinas. You may not be happy tonight.
    But for the record it would be good to proof your results.
  14. #234  
    Sorry. I ment should i try my other battery. This one is about 5 months old, the other one has had almost no use.
  15. #235  
    Thanks for all this info. I find this to be very interesting info. I'm going to try to "fix" one of my batteries that suddenly drops from 20% to 0%....
  16. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by davsalinas View Post
    but if you let the phone run lower than you have so far, I'd say let it go to 18% or maybe a little lower, it will just flat out die. It won't continue to discharging smoothly down to <8 or so like it should.
    That is exactly what happened. Hit 17%, then went straight to 0. I'm not happy with Seidio; this is either a product defect, or worse ...
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    That is exactly what happened. Hit 17%, then went straight to 0. I'm not happy with Seidio; this is either a product defect, or worse ...
    Sorry to hear that but another proof, that our understanding of this has improved alot ;-)

    And here is the warning (hopefully I don't violate some rules here) and a poll.
    Please fill it out.

    ATTENTION: Don't buy a Seidio Innocell 1350
  18. #238  
    Hmm, mine is sitting on that lovely touchstone charger and getting quite hot. So I probably get less battery life with the touchstone. Or am I getting this wrong.

    Anyway, the cool touchstone beats the hell out of changing your battery once in a while.

    Well my getage says 87.500, after 8ish months or so. At least i can change it ;-)

    thx for the research
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by frabuk View Post
    Hmm, mine is sitting on that lovely touchstone charger and getting quite hot. So I probably get less battery life with the touchstone. Or am I getting this wrong.
    Even though there is a connection between temperature and battery life I don't think it's huge compared to using the wall charger.
    And 87,5% after 8 month is not to bad. Others, like me are down to almost 50% now but palm confirmed to exchange mine for free.
  20. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #240  
    somline & davsalinas,

    I'm going to run the calibration on the battery & see what it reports. I'll post back here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions