1.    #1  
    I get 800mb/month

What doesthat mean for BROWSING though?Is there usually a memory/second fee,or are things like IM messages sent counted as small emails,thereby counting as data?
    I think any internet use goes towards yr data usage. And instant mesg. Is internet. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by zmann; 07/28/2010 at 08:22 PM.
    E-Mail, apps, Web, MMS (texts with video and/or audio) count towards data usage. This will more than likely get you through a month and you should have a carrier option in the contacts that will give you an update on how much data you have used and how much you have left.

Your phone and SMS (text messages) don't count toward the data usage.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    IM is not counted as data because it travels over the voice network. Email and browsing use the data network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Algroshaw View Post
    I assume this is sarcasm, nd it is unnecessary.

I am looking for an idea of howmuch i can surf and what it will cost
    a few years ago I tried using email without a data plan just long enough to pull a single email and load a single web page. I recall that costing $5 or $6 dollars. That was verizon.
    I get 800mb/month
    megabits or megabytes?
    How much can you surf? We have no idea how much you can surf... that depends largely on what sites you go to... how graphically intense they are... if you watch youtube videos... etc...

Not to mention... any email, mms, or apps that call the internet for cloud services or navigation or some such will also take a chunk of your data.

If you really want to know, the only one that can monitor that is you... I have unlimited data, so I never bother to look. But, you can always have a look at your data usage and try to extrapolate that out for a month.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    How much can you surf? We have no idea how much you can surf... that depends largely on what sites you go to... how graphically intense they are... if you watch youtube videos... etc...

Not to mention... any email, mms, or apps that call the internet for cloud services or navigation or some such will also take a chunk of your data.

If you really want to know, the only one that can monitor that is you... I have unlimited data, so I never bother to look. But, you can always have a look at your data usage and try to extrapolate that out for a month.
    I suppose I could text the bell contact in my list to get homuch data left, go to a web page and do it again to get an idea?
    I suppose I could text the bell contact in my list to get homuch data left, go to a web page and do it again to get an idea?
    Should be a diagnostic number (would be something like ##bobsyeruncle#) or some such that would show you data usage over time too... and I think theres a command to have a look at it from terminal as well... not that I can remember either of them at the moment.

Let me have a look around, in the meantime perhaps someone else who knows them off the top of their head will hit you up.

The method you suggest wouldnt be as accurate, but it would get you there too after some calculation.
    Switch to Sprint...

I am on the go a bit, so I use my email accounts from my phone a lot, and I look up info on the web a few times a day. That is also how I get news feeds. When I'm traveling, I listen to Pandora and use the GPS in the car, which I would guess accounts for the bulk of my data use (love the touchstone).

jrsharp thanx for settling it we do have the best data plan!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    jrsharp thanx for settling it we do have the best data plan!
    And for the record, my bill was <$80 including insurance and taxes (actually, $72 because I get a 15% discount for FROM SPRINT for my work).

And, I had a big event which caused me to talk WAY more than normal, but it is OK, because calls to ANY cell phone are free...
    in the last 3 weeks I've used about 1GB of data. That is mostly email and hanging out at PreCentral. Perhaps that will give you an idea of how much data you will use. You may also be able to call ##DATA or something like that to see what your usage has been since your last bill.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    If you're on Bell Mobility download their app from the catalogue, it will show you your usage.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    that i am!
    Well, did it give you what you need?
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Send a text message to 82273 (TCARE) and select Main Menu, Data Usage (it'll reply back all your usage). Send the message "M" first, wait for the main menu to appear, then text "B".

Also if you're a student make sure you get the student plan before Aug 3 (when it won't be available).

You get Fab10 Canada wide + 6PM early evenings/weekends. I used 1500 minutes + 230 MB last month and my bill was $40