Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    now the pre plus and pixi plus are same price off contract.

Palm® Pre (TM) Plus Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T
    no the Pixi went further down in price to like $220 off contract.
    More so I'm still confused why all other major retailers still say (including Palm themselves) that the full price is $499.

And I wonder.. AT&T is out of stock? They don't have enough to sell?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    well we better snatch them while they last at at&t!
    tried getting one today.... $299 with a minimum 15$ data plan.... no commitment eh? (sorry, I'm Canadian)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy101 View Post
    tried getting one today.... $299 with a minimum 15$ data plan.... no commitment eh? (sorry, I'm Canadian)
    They're lying to you. From AT&T's Website:

No-Commitment Pricing

You may purchase a new AT&T phone without a contract at the no-commitment price. This non-discounted equipment purchase option does not require a two-year contract or other long-term service commitment. No-commitment equipment pricing is available to customers that are not on a prepaid or GoPhone plan. You can purchase a phone at no-commitment prices at AT&T retail stores. For an AT&T retail store near you, visit our store locator.
    You should show this in their face.

On the other note it's back in stock.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    @toni...

I guided them to that exact quote and they said the "no-commitment" is no contract but you still need to have it on a 15 minimum data plan as well as whatever voice plan you'd like with AT&T. The phone is locked to AT&T (will need unlocking) and they will not ship to Canada if ordered online.

So if I did go and get it in the US (Ogdensburg, NY for me), should I activate it there as I have read on some of the threads in this forum? And then get it unlocked for me to use with Rogers?

I found most of the information on this forum GREAT but it's still a little confusing from the outside looking in.

Thanks everyone!!
    What you need to do is find a place that'll sell it no contract at a good price, but you don't need an account. Maybe a non-corporate store? If they'll honor the $300 USD, you're all set! Because at the corporate store they ask for your phone number every time.

You can also try Craig's for a used one in good condition. Just shop carefully.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What you need to do is find a place that'll sell it no contract at a good price, but you don't need an account. Maybe a non-corporate store? If they'll honor the $300 USD, you're all set! Because at the corporate store they ask for your phone number every time.

You can also try Craig's for a used one in good condition. Just shop carefully.
    Thanks! I tried a few non corporate store and they can't honor that price (or so they say). It's the long drive and uncertainty that throws me off... I don't feel like driving 5-6 hours to be told that I can't purchase at that price ($299) or that they can't sell it to me because I'm Canadian (no US address).
    So I ended up buying one on eBay. PP+ 16g locked to AT&T. Should I use the nextgen servers to unlock it for use on Rogers in Canada and then go to the US (about an hour away) to initialize it in order to get the US appcat?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    They're lying to you. From AT&T's Website:

You should show this in their face.

On the other note it's back in stock.
    They're not lying. The key word is "customers"

"This non-discounted equipment purchase option does not require a two-year contract or other long-term service commitment. No-commitment equipment pricing is available to customers that are not on a prepaid or GoPhone plan."

Interpretation: If you have not purchased the phone at the non-contract price yet, and are not on a month to month plan then in fact you are not a customer, you are a potential customer and they can ask that you purchase the month to month data plan without a contract in order to make you a customer. Actually, if they sell the phone to you with out making you buy the data package, then you also become a customer, once you've bought the phone. If you have a non-contract month to month account already and have the ability to cancel that account without a termination fee, you do qualify as a customer but one who's no longer bound by contract. If you are a customer but choose to purchase at the non-contract, non-committal price, that's ok, you are elegible to do that. If you are a potential customer, then you are not a customer yet. That's why the word customers in that disclaimer covers them. They also make it a point to exclude prepaid go-phone customers from elegibility.

There's grey area as far as the word customer in that disclaimer. You could be a customer of AT&T with landline service or any other AT&T service, just not wireless service, and still be a customer of AT&T which in theory also makes you elegible to buy the phone at the non-contract price.

This is why most corporate retail stores will just sell you the phone at the non contract price even if you are not a already a customer. Just tell them you are buying it as a surprise gift for a friend.

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 07/31/2010 at 02:40 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.