Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hello all,
    Long-time lurker and first time poster here. I have noticed that when I install an application that uses background notifications (such as YouView or the Facebook app), my battery life is drained badly. I installed the Facebook app this morning and within an hour my battery went from 100% to 20%. Is this an issue with the application, or a general system issue; and is there a fix?
    How often are you receiving notifications?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    How often are you receiving notifications?
    I received 5 notifications during that time. Note this is with the a larger capacity battery installed, as well.
    I turned facebook notifications off and set emails to manual. Works great. Much improved life. Every time you open facebook you see them anyways. And emails...just hit refresh in your inbox. I do it every now and then. Works wonders to have just those two off!
    I have those two apps on my phone, plus several others that work in the background. Battery drained normally. Check to see if everything is intact. Run a utility on the phone. It might find something missing, or modified from it's original version.

Best of luck.