Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I was in the band room during band camp today(still in high school) and this guy comes up to me(he's kind of not the smartest person, but whatever)...and this is what happened...

"Dude is that the Palm Pre? That's a crappy phone"
    "No it's not"
    "Yes it is, have you seen the iPhone 4G?"
    "Yeah the iPhone 4G? Yeah man."

Highlight of my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  2.    #2  
    Also this freshman girl was talking to me when I pulled it out my phone, and she was like oh I have the Palm Pixi. I was like oh sweet! She said oh I hate it, its slow and freezes up on me. I was like I can fix this, she says: "Oh well I threw it against the wall and it cracked the screen, then I bit it" I was like alright I can't fix this.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    that's it? No fist fight? Not even a wedgie?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    that's it? No fist fight? Not even a wedgie?
    Haha I'm a student leader and if I do that I'll get berated. Literally.
    I've had so many idiots try to beat my phone with their claims about an iPhone '4g'
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    I think the OP's story needs some spicing up.

Where's the mystery, the suspense, the car chase, the shootout...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    I think the OP's story needs some spicing up.

Where's the mystery, the suspense, the car chase, the shootout...
    We'll make a straight to video movie/documentary on it, complete with fictional retellings of the story.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    band camp got quite a rep after that pie movie, so it's gotta be spiced up! maybe the pixi story has some potential...
    I love it when these things come up, I was at arbys with some friends and they had itouchs so I had mhs on and a man with an iphone 4 walks up to me and says his phone is better, and I said good for you, he went on to tell me it was the first 4g phone on at&t and was a mobile hotspot for 8 devices with a 4.3 in screen... I told him that was the evo (I could see his iphone) and he claims the iphone 4g is the best phone out there... Im 15 and this 40 year old guy is trying to pick a phone war with me about a phone he doesnt know... btw this actually happened and I do know that the iphone 4 is still 3g
    Last edited by manordwall; 07/28/2010 at 11:44 PM.
    I'm also at highschool but here the thing is different, my friends love my Pre, even some of them say it's better than the iPhone, it's a shame that it's not so advertised here in Mexico.
    iphone 4 generation... 4g.. They're kinda right from that perspective.

My friends and fam make fun of the pre but not strangers and bullies, lol!

nerds have pre's! Lets get 'em!
    No I know has made fun of my Pre Plus. In fact most people I know are jealous.
    I have a Pixi, but we're all webOS blood brothers here, so I'll share this exchange:

(This lady had a question about some movie, so I whip out the Pixi to IMDB it)
    Woman: Is that an iPhone?
    Me: Actually, it's a Palm Pixi. It's great, I love it!
    Woman: That's great. I have a son who also has a Blackberry like that.
    Me: Cool.
    yea so my friends and I were riding around the other day and my one friend looks at my pixi and says "how can you use that tiny thing? It must be so hard to use. My droid incredible is the best...verizon is awesome, sprint sucks blah blah blah" anyway I challenged him to see who can 1) type in a random site: "wendys.com" (i obviously destroyed him) and 2) see whose phone actually loaded the site first... Needless to say that his was still loading about a minute later while mine took about 10 secs total. Also, the flash part of the website didn't ever load on his so yea...i hate trolls...almost as much as *******...
    Where I work I occasionally see someone with a Pre. I usually inquire about it to see what their opinion is of the phone. Most are pretty indifferent with responses like, "yeah its ok" or "I don't know, its just my most recent phone". With those people I refer them to this board if they are interested in learning about ways to improve their phone which again is met with indifference or looks that say "you're kinda weird about the phone".

Lately though its been some very negative responses similar to the OP's story about the girl with the broken screen Pixie. I had one lady lament to me about how much she hates the Pre and how she wishes she had her blackberry back. Another person mentioned she couldn't wait till her EVO arrived so she could throw it in the trash. Ouch. I had another person complain that it was their 3rd one and will never buy a Palm phone again. Not one person has ever said they loved the phone or at least seemed excited about the device. HP has some serious work ahead of them.
    oops
    Last edited by Superjudge; 07/29/2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: duplicate post
    I pity everbody out there without overclock, it's just another phone.

iphone users try picking on me until i show them the multitasking, mobile hotspot and the gestures. after that, it's 3:3 because they still win in apps, battery and of course bigger screen (it's important!). The keyboard doesn't count as everybody claims it's too small and too a certain degree i agree. it's okay for typing but bigger would be better..
    1GHz overclock is a must in that, otherwise phone hangs up and is too slow for any kind of showdown.

i had the chance to get an iphone for few money, but i already had the pre then and i'm still happy i didn't exchange.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Ouch. I had another person complain that it was their 3rd one and will never buy a Palm phone again.
    I have to admit - while I love bragging on mine, I haven't tried too hard to convert anyone just in case they get a unit with hardware problems and needing to be exchanged. I hope the hardware/quality issues are solved with the next gen so we can be 100% proud :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Also this freshman girl was talking to me when I pulled it out my phone, and she was like oh I have the Palm Pixi. I was like oh sweet! She said oh I hate it, its slow and freezes up on me. I was like I can fix this, she says: "Oh well I threw it against the wall and it cracked the screen, then I bit it" I was like alright I can't fix this.
    WTH?!?!? She bit it?
    I frequently travel on the West coast for business and I have only seen two Palm Pres in the wild. Most recently, I was on a flight sitting in row 9 with my laptop out working on a new WebOS app when I noticed a woman in row 7 with her Palm Pre flicking off cards and running some apps. I thought about saying something to her as I was getting off the flight, but I didn't want to seem like a nerdy phone geek.

I've hardly seen any Palm Pres or Pixis, but I do see a lot of iPhones used by business people on these flights. Personally, I love my Palm Pixi (especially the true multitasking) and I would trade it in the world!
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast