Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Day Pré Tomorrow View Post
    I pity everbody out there without overclock, it's just another phone.

iphone users try picking on me until i show them the multitasking, mobile hotspot and the gestures. after that, it's 3:3 because they still win in apps, battery and of course bigger screen (it's important!). The keyboard doesn't count as everybody claims it's too small and too a certain degree i agree. it's okay for typing but bigger would be better..
    1GHz overclock is a must in that, otherwise phone hangs up and is too slow for any kind of showdown.

i had the chance to get an iphone for few money, but i already had the pre then and i'm still happy i didn't exchange.
    I would say they lose in battery.... not user replaceable = loss
    I've actually seen a fair amount of Pres. Several at work, and several more out "in the wild". Compared to other smartphones, though, it's nothing. You can't walk 5 feet without running into someone pecking away at their Blackberry.

I've talked to a couple people, and their response to my question about their phones are disinterested to negative. The negative response have always been about hardware build quality. When I'm playing with my phone, and showing it to friends/acquaintances, they are always blown away by gestures and cards. I am a fairly recent Preware convert (I have an almost-first-day Pre, so I've been running stock for a while), and so people are REALLY impressed with all of that (overclocking, Preware/homebrew, and how easy it is).
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    I was riding on BART in the bay area, pulled out my Pre, a guy facing me had an iphone. He asked about my Pre, I told him how much I liked it. He proceeded to dis my Pre, I told him his iphone was crap. We had both been at the farmer's market and started throwing produce at each other. I nailed him with a rutabega, he tossed a handfull of mushrooms at me.

It was ugly
    Not as ugly as the Raiders fans with the 18 pack of beer on the way to a Raider game running into someone with a jersey on from another AFC West team. (been to a few Raiders games taking BART).
    I wanna see more people with these experiences they are too much fun to laugh at
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdubya View Post
    I was riding on BART in the bay area, pulled out my Pre, a guy facing me had an iphone. He asked about my Pre, I told him how much I liked it. He proceeded to dis my Pre, I told him his iphone was crap. We had both been at the farmer's market and started throwing produce at each other. I nailed him with a rutabega, he tossed a handfull of mushrooms at me.

Then when you both departed the BART at the same stop you knew fate was throwing you a sign, You say to yourself. "why not?" and accept the invitation to his loft just up the street. "This is crazy, I don't do things like this," you say while he pours you another glass of cabernet. Knowing full well that this could be it, that moment you've been waiting for so very long. Just the thought makes your chest tight with anticipation. You lean, he leans.....magic.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    Then when you both departed the BART at the same stop you knew fate was throwing you a sign, You say to yourself. "why not?" and accept the invitation to his loft just up the street. "This is crazy, I don't do things like this," you say while he pours you another glass of cabernet. Knowing full well that this could be it, that moment you've been waiting for so very long. Just the thought makes your chest tight with anticipation. You lean, he leans.....magic.
    Awkwarddddd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Awkwarddddd.
    You can't tell me the first part of that story on the train with the vegetable throwing doesn't sound like the set up of a typical formula RomCom.
    ive noticed more Phandroids trying to compare their phones to my Pre than i have iphone people.

i actually have a new found tolerance for iphone owners ever since android started dominating and everyone going on about how great their Hummer phone is.
    If someone with an iPhone tries to downtalk your pre, just tell them to show you a game... once they start playing... call them.

Then show them how to take a call while playing a game on your pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12