1.    #1  
    I have a touchstone for my sprint pre that I use at work. I work at my desk most of the day, but if I get a text, go out to lunch, need a long break in the bathroom, etc. I take my phone off the touchstone and put it back on. I would say that I do this 10-15 times a day sometimes. Is this going to be bad on my phone? And if so, is there something better. I can't help to want to take my phone with me, that's why I have it! Anyone notice problems or anything else?
    I kind of always wondered the same thing. My first response is no but if anyone knows for sure please chime in.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I've heard that Lithium Ion batteries work better with frequent charge cycles, but that the battery meter will become more inaccurate (however a full discharge should fix that).
    I'd have to guess that the answer is a no, it is not going to harm your phone. I mean, this is what the Touchstone is made to do.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Charging how and when you want is one of the many benefits of Lithium Ion batteries over previous technologies.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6.    #6  
    That is good to know about the battery. Is anything going to be affected on the screen? I know it's dim, but yeah. More or less curious...
    I don't see anything happening with the backlight any more than normal operation.... also, I personally use mode switcher to turn off the screen when on the touchstone.
    It's the same thing as plugging in your USB Charger that many times. You are getting the same voltage to your battery either way. The TS just makes it easier so you don't have to constantly open and close the USB door. Remember, all the TS is doing is creating a magnetic field that causes the two pins on the inside of the Pre's TS cover to produce 5 volts. I can't see how you can cause a problem by what you are doing.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I don't see anything happening with the backlight any more than normal operation.... also, I personally use mode switcher to turn off the screen when on the touchstone.
    Oh, and I use the app 'Brightness Unlinked' to completely turn off the screen while charging via the TS. I am not sure what 'Mode Switcher' is, but I certainly can look it up.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    That is good to know about the battery. Is anything going to be affected on the screen? I know it's dim, but yeah. More or less curious...
    Screen will be fine. Burn-in is not a problem.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11.    #11  
    It's good to hear everyone's opinion. I guess I should not really care and just use my phone as I please!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Charging how and when you want is one of the many benefits of Lithium Ion batteries over previous technologies.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I don't believe anything would happen to the phone. I remember hearing something about charging and recharging a battery repeatedly, and without fully charging or discharging was very bad for the battery, apperently i may be wrong.

However if you look at ryleyinstl litium-ion link to wikipedia, its not simple to find. The part where it talks about no "memory effect" with lithium-ions, is where we find the awnser. (click on the link for "memory effect"). So i guess it is ok to do. I ended up reading the entire wikipage for lithium ions; didnt know how fasciniting the technolgy is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I don't believe anything would happen to the phone. I remember hearing something about charging and recharging a battery repeatedly, and without fully charging or discharging was very bad for the battery, apperently i may be wrong.
    With previous battery tech this was and still is true.... even with the batteries currently found on cordless tools (other than the Li-Ion).