Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Can someone Send me WebOS Doctor 1.3.5 PLEASE!? I need it cuz I have stupid Rebel Sim and I can't update it to a better firmware cuz the rebel sim wont work!!

(If anyone knows how to get around this problem that would be a big help!)

So can someone email me the jar file PLEASE!!!!!

Thank you!!!
    Too big for an email. You have another option (ftp server)?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    The file he needs is actually 12 mb in size (you only need to downgrade the modem software right), but is ILLEGAL to distribute.

OP your other options are to unlock the darn phone.
    Rebel Sim also has an app to downgrade the modem firmware for you I believe.
    Here

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

every single version in existence as of today and for all the carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by armepocho View Post
    Here

The links to previous versions no longer work. Palm pulled them all.
    Here

Those links no longer work. Palm has chosen to no longer make them available, which is why it is problematic for PreCentral to foster sharing them.
    Then call Palm support and ask them for the download, it is their duty to provide the file for you.
    Uh no, it's not.
    It's not? It is a palm phone? Yes. It has a version of their rom on it? Yes so I don't see how they could deny the support that you need? and if they try not to .... I would make that person's day a one that he would remember for a long time
    Why do they have to provide a version other than their current version? Palm has removed access to those versions because they have bugs and are out-of-date. They are being responsible by not making them available.

They provide a version of the OS that runs on the device and is supported by Palm, why would they have to do more?

Do you think you should be able to go and demand version 1.4.8 of WordPerfect (from whoever owns that these days)?
    Then call Palm support and ask them for the download, it is their duty to provide the file for you.
    It is not Palm's duty to supply users with out-dated software. Palm chose to no longer link old versions of the Doctor, and we at P|C must honor that decision. It is their own proprietary software and if they deem not to support previous versions, that's their decision.
    Please really, really?
    They must provide or else!!!

To be perfectly honest:
    Almost everyone in this thread knows where to get them. We're just not very keen on illegal distribution of software. It's one of the things that make us sooooo special on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    To be perfectly honest:
    Almost everyone in this thread knows where to get them. We're just not very keen on illegal distribution of software. It's one of the things that make us sooooo special on this forum.

Yep, I know exactly where to get them -- from my hard drive. As news ones have come out I've taken the responsibility to keep backups for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yep, I know exactly where to get them -- from my hard drive. As news ones have come out I've taken the responsibility to keep backups for myself.
    Don't tell them the whole Pre community downloads them directly from your hard drive.
    That's classified info.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Don't tell them the whole Pre community downloads them directly from your hard drive.
    That's classified info.
    Oh crap -- SHIELDS UP, SHIELDS UP!!!
    Well if I paid for it and I'm still in my period of free support and support was offered to me @ the time of purchase I think I would have all the right to choose what I run in my stuff without lests say " flashing a different rom" or "overclocking", that is the concept of "beloning" = I do what ever the heck I want with it without going into the ilegal side or breaking the policies that provide to me with the support.
    There are no legal requirements which enforce Palm or any company to provide support and/or distribute software that is not the current version.

There are many software companies that have software that gets updated very few continue to offer an older/outdated/buggy version.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    And with that.. <closed>