1.    #1  
    A) If I have a 3G connection, should the GPS be able to find me? I'm trying to test foursquare but that's not really working because my GPS won't find me. Yet I'm surfing the web...?

B) I added an AIM account and then all of these contacts that I didn't want were merged into my contacts. I deleted that aim account and they're still there.. is there any way to manage Synergy so none of that happens again? Is there any way to mass delete them?
    A) Having a 3g connection can help the GPS, but I believe you still need GPS which can be spotty in urban "canyons". Also, you don't say which network you're on, but Verizon has had some major issues with GPS (search for more details, I'm on Sprint so I'm not up on that).

B) Have you deleted the AIM account in the Contacts app too? When you login/register for things like AIM and Facebook, they sometimes automatically create a new Contacts (and Calendar?) account.
  3.    #3  
    I'm on AT&T, sorry.

How do I go about deleting a Contacts account? EDIT: there is no AIM account listed. Only Palm Profile and SIM card.
    What carrier are you with? If it is Verizon you may need to load GPS Fix from the Beta Apps Catalog.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  5.    #5  
    at&t, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartakt View Post
    How do I go about deleting a Contacts account? EDIT: there is no AIM account listed. Only Palm Profile and SIM card.
    That's odd. I don't use AIM myself, but I assumed if it added contacts it would have created a Contact account. Can you check some of the contacts to see what account they're in (edit the contact and tap the name)?

I thought an app could only add contacts in an account that belonged to that app ... although since Messaging is a Palm app, maybe they can add contacts to the "default" account. If they're filed in the Palm Profile account, then they would have to be deleted individually.
    did you try starting the at&t navigator app? that is part of the trouble shooting for Verizon users, and it might help you determine if you have a defective GPS radio( since AT&T isn't known for having the issues we "enjoy" on Verizon...

You can also take it to the AT&T store and compare yours to their display model to see if they behave differently in getting a location fix.

If there is a difference, they owe you a replacement...
    To delete an account (so webOS will automatically delete the contact...) you have to remove the account from contacts, photos, and calendars.

If you want to delete a contact that comes from an external account (like facebook or AIM) you have to delete it at the source. Synergy either syncs all the contacts, or none of them. Send a PM if that isn't clear or if I am answering the wrong questions...
    A) If I have a 3G connection, should the GPS be able to find me? I'm trying to test foursquare but that's not really working because my GPS won't find me. Yet I'm surfing the web...?
    You need to have GPS satellite signals, which generally means outside with clear view of a larger swatch of the sky. If you have google location services active, then it can give you a location to the nearest cell tower. Actual GPS location requires satellite signal reception. 3G connection is a different animal altogether.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the replies. The reason I couldn't get a signal was because I was basically in the center of a giant brick building.

However, in regards to the contacts thing I still haven't found a solution. I'd like to just be able to disable Synergy all together. It's not a feature I wish to use, but I don't know how to do that.
    However, in regards to the contacts thing I still haven't found a solution. I'd like to just be able to disable Synergy all together. It's not a feature I wish to use, but I don't know how to do that.
    I don't believe you can disable Synergy. In general you have control because it's based on "accounts", contacts gets created in separate accounts, and you get rid of accounts you don't want any longer. AIM seems to be a special (and problematic) case. If you search for "AIM contacts" you will find dozens of similar posts, and it doesn't appear anyone has found a work around.