1.    #1  
    I have had my Sprint Pre for a year now and have never had a problem with my GPS until recently.

I downloaded the weather icon app and ever since then I have to reboot my phone daily because of GPS issues. For some reason the weather icon app can't lock onto my location, so I check w/ google maps and it pulls me up as being in Ghana (I'm in Nashville, TN - no where near Africa).

As anyone else had this problem? Any fix besides just deleting the weather icon app?
    Maybe try one of the other weather apps?

And you're 100% SURE you're not in Ghana? People make mistakes...these things happen.
    Look around. Are you sure you're not in Ghana???
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    See any elephants?
    I too have been having gps issues the last week or 2. It keeps giving me the broken icon on the lower left of the map. It is a brand new phone, so I am not sure it is the phone or the GPS service. I had prior phones, new and recycled from Sprint and never had GPS issues until now.
    Anyone else having GPS issues lately?
    Last edited by htmiller2000; 07/28/2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added more info
    could have sworn I heard a giraffe in the background. Are you Positive that you are not in Ghana?
    Not sure what's going on with your GPS... but just in case... I would suggest using the YouTube app while you have a data signal and watching some past episodes of "Survivorman", or "Dual Survival". And remember... many species of spiders can be eaten and dead animals in the desert still may have liquid in their eyeballs to drink.
  8.    #8  
    Not in Ghana that is for sure, although temperature wise it is much cooler this time of year than it is here in nashville!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman
    *and dead animals in the desert still may have liquid in their eyeballs to drink.
    lol, yummy
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    could have sworn I heard a giraffe in the background. Are you Positive that you are not in Ghana?
    What exactly does a giraffe sound like?
    Does anybody even know?
    Weathericon has various bugs; it can't locate me as being anywhere (and I am somewhere, really). Nice app when it works but I deleted it to wait for a better version.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    What exactly does a giraffe sound like?
    Does anybody even know?
    Like a stretched goat shriek. Eeeeeeeeekkkkkk.
    Followed by some snoring sounds.
    Oh wait's that a pig.
    Pigs, giraffes, I always have them confused.

OP, so when's your flight back? Did you visit Mole National Park?
    My GPS shows that I am about 200 miles from Nashville, but nowhere near Ghana. But it's very hot here.
    Such a shame when people travel and end up not knowing where they are!

Last time it happened to me, I had to blame that bottle of Tequila and the.....
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Such a shame when people travel and end up not knowing where they are!

Last time it happened to me, I had to blame that bottle of Tequila and the.....
    Ok... now you HAVE to finish that story
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    My WeatherBug often shows weather for someplace in Ghana. This seems to be associated with being unable to get a GPS fix. Seems to be getting better with some of the GPS fixes that have come out lately. But still happens occasionally.