1.    #1  
    Can someone who accesses their aim or aol mail on their pre give me the account settings they use please? It was working fine until I got my replacement phone and now I cannot access my aim mail account. Thanks.
    Try the settings listed here and add it as an IMAP account. On the screen immediately after tapping "Add Account", from the app menu tap Manual Setup, and then choose IMAP as the mail type.

IMAP Information Page - About AOL
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/28/2010 at 08:24 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Thanks very much. Tried all those settings and then some and still can't get it to sign in. Even tried POP settings and still doesn't work. Any ideas? It worked fine before and works fine with my exchange work email.
    Mine was an AIM account with email enabled. I guess if it's an AOL account change servers to imap.aol.com and smtp.aol.com

I set it up using IMAP as the type with the following settings and it worked:

Incoming Mail Server:
    Server address: imap.aim.com
    Username: AIM Name w/out the @aim.com part
    Password: self explanatory
    Encryption: None
    Port: 143

Outgoing Mail Server:
    Server address: smtp.aim.com
    Use Authentication: ON
    Username: should auto fill from Incoming settings
    Password: should auto fill from Incoming settings
    Encryption: None
    Port: 587
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    AIM mail definitely uses IMAP.
    Attached Images Attached Images