Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Get the new version 27 which was released yesterday.
    Contact nextgen to get it or log in online and download it.
    The linky still points to the same version I'm using right now.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Okay I've gotten past that as well. Apparently, the developer mode wasn't on, despite having gone to the webos20090606 pressing it and rebooting. Now, I've pressed the unlock button.... it's gone to 100% and then 'data transfer failed, please repeat.'
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Then by all means, "Repeat!"
    Yeah i did so. About a dozen times before it gave me the code. I've inputted in and tada! unlocked. now I just have got to disable this darn developer mode. And now I can't find 'preferences'!

edit: Okay preference isn't listed anywhere until I typed in 'perf'
    Last edited by Fatfool; 11/17/2010 at 05:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Disabling Developer Mode is optional.
    You need to disable DIAG Mode (also called Qualcomm mode).

Press #*usbpass* in your dialer and follow the instructions in the pdf.
    okay done.

so, for developer mode itself, was there some issue with the battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    In addition to GuyFromNam's comment, perhaps the issue has to do with you running an AT&T phone in Brazil. I know that the standard four GSM frequencies will get you an 'Edge' signal, however, from what I know, the band required for 3G has at least two variants:
    -North America (AT&T in USA, Rogers in Canada)
    -European (also shared with T-Mobile in the US)

I suspect Brazil is on the European band. Perhaps this is contributing?

Another possible suspect: I know that Google Maps & Foursquare use the GSM / perhaps your carrier is doing something that interferes?

I know -- not much to go on, but, I thought I'd share all the same.

Good luck.
    3G = 2100 MHz (AT&T Pre only will work with EDGE, 2G. 3G must be disabled)

EDIT: Updated information about 3G frequencies in Brazil: http://mosquitoeletronico.blog.br/in.../3g-no-brasil/
    Last edited by jossanaijr; 11/17/2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    No, that's DIAG Mode.
    Dev Mode is required to use webOS QuickInstall.
    I see. So I guess might as well leave it in Dev mode.

strangely, I haven't been bugged to create a profile which was what happened before I unlocked.

One question, even though it may be out of topic, this phone is on 1.4.5 no 2.0 yet?
    Last edited by Fatfool; 11/17/2010 at 06:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Follow the rest of the steps. You need to do a Full Erase now.

You haven't done that yet right? You're just asking and posting here instead of reading the instructions right? Wait, I'll give you my Paypal.
    There are more instructions?

The pdf file's instructions ends there on page 4. the rest of it is about the diag drivers and bypassing the activation.

edit: OH. you mean your instructions.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Follow with the next step to activate your device and create a Palm Profile as described in the OP of this thread...
    Yep that worked. The app store and updates are accessible now (though predictably, 2.0 is not up). Strange that nextgenserver didn't mention it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Fatfool; 11/17/2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Nextgen server doesn't advice you to use the Palm Bypass tool. Their instructions are to activate the phone first.

Nextgen's instructions can be problematic for some users, as they can't activate a phone which is locked and does not allow them to use their SIM. Meta-Doctor would of course be an option, but the Palm Bypass tool saves us a bit of time and effort there.

My instructions are pretty foolproof, being a bit of a fool myself.
    Yep. Indeed it is. It presumes the user is still on their supported carrier. (which is counter productive)

And yeah. the bypass tool was very helpful, albeit strange. I expected to see some kind of options to bypass the profile creation but instead, was sent straight to the desktop without explanation of what happened.

So, to contribute back to the community, is there a list of carriers for this Pre plus version I can input my carrier into?

you know, something like this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-networks.html

Or has all the information already been known?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    That's the list you could add your carrier info to.
    Okay done. though the starter postulates that the Irish and UK behave differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    In addition to GuyFromNam's comment, perhaps the issue has to do with you running an AT&T phone in Brazil. I know that the standard four GSM frequencies will get you an 'Edge' signal, however, from what I know, the band required for 3G has at least two variants:
    -North America (AT&T in USA, Rogers in Canada)
    -European (also shared with T-Mobile in the US)

I suspect Brazil is on the European band. Perhaps this is contributing?

Another possible suspect: I know that Google Maps & Foursquare use the GSM / perhaps your carrier is doing something that interferes?

I know -- not much to go on, but, I thought I'd share all the same.

Good luck.
    Hello!

Thanks for your input..

Yes, you're correct. My Pre+ is from AT&T and has the 850Mhz 3G frequency...

In Brazil we have carriers operating in the 850Mhz and 2100Mhz... my carrier said me that they operates in 2100Mhz, but strangely the phone shows me the 3G signal in almost all the city. And when it shows the 3G symbol it's very fast...

But besides that, i thought that foursquare SHOULD work because, on my iPhone on Edge or WiFi, i can do my checkins normally...

as i said before, i don't really care about google maps, but not having foursquare it's a deal breaker for me... and i'm really liking WebOS beside the hardware issues...

Thanks!

edit: it's REALLY strange... the GPS gives me coordinates of USA and not from Brazil...

Last edited by snibles; 11/17/2010 at 07:03 PM.
    hey does anyone know how to check the recondition date for the att phone ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    So I used at least 3 different websites to buy unlock codes from, plus calling AT&T, and they all cannot find the IMEI number that is on the phone. Does anyone know why? Would using the nextgenserver service still work? Thanks
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...equencies.html

Yes, the just released a new client. Use the promo code in my signature to get a discount.
    I just read the requirements and I don't have a Windows machine. Thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by asch View Post
    So I used at least 3 different websites to buy unlock codes from, plus calling AT&T, and they all cannot find the IMEI number that is on the phone. Does anyone know why? Would using the nextgenserver service still work? Thanks
    Yes, but more confusing is the lack of a locatable IMEI. AT&T technical support should be able to track back using your SIM card, and even if not, you should be able to go to the device info application and find it listed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hi,

Any idea about unlocking gsm palm pre 2 ?
    I send an email to nextgen support, but no reply.

Thanks.
    In case this helps anyone. Its possible to unlock Pre 2 SFR with the help of Pre. If you change the comm board from Pre 2 into Pre and flash it with WebOS 1.4.5 doctor its possible to use the JIC Tech unlock client. After done unlocking the comm board can be moved back to Pre 2 and flashed with WebOS 2.0.0 doctor. At least this procedure worked for me.
    And how do you change the comm board into pre ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Yes, but more confusing is the lack of a locatable IMEI. AT&T technical support should be able to track back using your SIM card, and even if not, you should be able to go to the device info application and find it listed.
    Here's how: Open "Device Info". Scroll down to "More Info". Tap it.Scroll down to "Network". The third thing listed is your IMEI number. And do not waste your time trying to get AT&T to unlock your phone. They won't, because they don't want to. California settlement notwithstanding.
    ok, i'll be patient
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Unless ATT have blocked it, the easiest way to find your imei on any phone is to dial *#06# (press call on a Pre/Pixi) and it'll pop up for you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast