Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I would expect the updates and the Pre 2 should be released within relatively close proximity. Otherwise they risk some angry customers.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Any SFR webOS 2.0 doctor will be for the Pre 2, and will not install on your German O2 Palm Pre original.

-- Rod
    I've installed a sprint (cdma) pre doctor on an at&t (gsm) pre plus using meta doctor, so there's still a chance that a pre 2 doctor might work on a pre or pre plus. Just no way to definitively say yes or no at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    I've installed a sprint (cdma) pre doctor on an at&t (gsm) pre plus using meta doctor, so there's still a chance that a pre 2 doctor might work on a pre or pre plus. Just no way to definitively say yes or no at this point.
    You installed a Pre doctor on a Pre Plus which has the same hardware except for ram and flash size. The processor (and therefore kernel) is different on a Pre 2. Even if you use the bypass model check feature of MetaDoctor, the phone will not boot with the wrong kernel installed.

I wrote MetaDoctor.

-- Rod
    I need a little help or clarification trying to unlock an AT&T Pre Plus that has never been activated. I've run the devicetool.jar activation bypasser and the unit works happily over Wifi, so now I want to unlock it to be able to use a UK sim in there.

Trouble is, when I attempt the unlock using the NextGen tool, it throws an error saying it can't find the device id. The diag drivers are installed and I've read and re-read the instructions several times.

I've raised a ticket with them, but I wonder if anyone can point out what might be going wrong?

Thanks
    It is certainly possible that the GSM version of the Pre's firmware may be incompatible with a CDMA version, but I don't think that because the Pre 2 has a different processor, it inherently needs a different kernel. According to TI's documents, all the OMAP3xxx processors including the 3430 and the 3630 list "Software-compatible with OMAP 2 and OMAP 3 processors" and I think it's very likely that Palm is using a higher-end OMAP 3 processor in the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    It is certainly possible that the GSM version of the Pre's firmware may be incompatible with a CDMA version, but I don't think that because the Pre 2 has a different processor, it inherently needs a different kernel. According to TI's documents, all the OMAP3xxx processors including the 3430 and the 3630 list "Software-compatible with OMAP 2 and OMAP 3 processors" and I think it's very likely that Palm is using a higher-end OMAP 3 processor in the Pre 2.
    A kernel for an OMAP34xx is *not* compatible with an OMAP36xx.

Userspace executables, yes. Kernel, no.

-- Rod
    Problem solved - it turned out to be a driver problem. All sorted now and my Pre is now happily unlocked

Max... if you're still around...

Have you guys started looking into the Pre 2 yet?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Would anyone know if you can flash a version pre plus to sprint? I have seen people flash sprint phones to metro flashing is like the same as unlocking the phone correct? :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chazh View Post
    Problem solved - it turned out to be a driver problem. All sorted now and my Pre is now happily unlocked

How did you sort out the problem as i have the same issue.
    Just to add to data points of folks who get stuck at the part where the computer cannot detect the presense of the Pre and hence don't install diag drivers, I had problems with a XP netbook for a few hours, then solved it by doing the unlocking with another Vista machine.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    GuyFromNam. I've heard some rumours that NextGenUnlock doesn't work with 1.4.5 (ie: a Doctor down to 1.4.2 or earlier is required first). Is this true?

Having said this, I'm a happily unlocked Pre+ user, so, this is more an academic question as far as I'm concerned.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Hello!

First, sorry my english!

So, i buyed on eBay an Palm Pre Plus AT&T Unlocked, that was first time ever activated on US.

I'm using the phone in Brazil, on Vivo Carrier.

The problem is that my Google Maps is not working... not even foursquare and apps that uses the location service.

Question: if i run the WebOS Doctor on this device, will i lose the unlock?
    If not, will i have to reactivate the phone?
    Is there any other way to solve this issue? (already did a simple erase, full erase...)

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No you don't lose the unlock.
    If you doctor the phone, you have to log into your Palm Profile again.
    Sorry I don't know how to fix your issue.
    Thanks!

I'll try doctoring the phone right now, and will return here with the results!

[]
    No you don't lose the unlock.
    If you doctor the phone, you have to log into your Palm Profile again.
    Sorry I don't know how to fix your issue.

So.. thank u for the info... i doctored the phone, but the problem persists. It's something related to the GPS and AT&T and the fact that i'm using the phone in Brazil...

e really don't care about Google Maps, but foursquare is really a sad lost!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snibles View Post
    So.. thank u for the info... i doctored the phone, but the problem persists. It's something related to the GPS and AT&T and the fact that i'm using the phone in Brazil...

e really don't care about Google Maps, but foursquare is really a sad lost!
    In addition to GuyFromNam's comment, perhaps the issue has to do with you running an AT&T phone in Brazil. I know that the standard four GSM frequencies will get you an 'Edge' signal, however, from what I know, the band required for 3G has at least two variants:
    -North America (AT&T in USA, Rogers in Canada)
    -European (also shared with T-Mobile in the US)

I suspect Brazil is on the European band. Perhaps this is contributing?

Another possible suspect: I know that Google Maps & Foursquare use the GSM / perhaps your carrier is doing something that interferes?

I know -- not much to go on, but, I thought I'd share all the same.

Good luck.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    hello here.

I'm trying to unlock my Palm Pre Plus UK in this thread:

But am unable to continue on the steps listed in the opening post

http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...d-country.html

I presume it has been activated in the Uk as it's a used one. However, the profile has been erased and I am unable to create a new one as a 3G connection cannot be used till it's unlocked

ofcourse, I cannot get to the mainscreen without creating a profile.

I've tried the bypass tool but I get this:
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Download webOS QuickInstall

Be sure you have the latest of Java installed.

Start webOS QuickInstall.

Select File>Options>Attempt novacom (re)installation.

Try again. If it doesn't work, please state what OS you're trying this on.
    ah, okay, I've gotten past that by installing the SDK.

however, I am now stuck here:

5. Click ‘Unlock’, a pop up message will state “this is time to install drivers”, if the drivers have been installed
    previously, then just click ok. (the software has just placed the palm in Diag Mode)
    6. You need to install drivers when the new hardware found message dialog appears on your PC (see page5 for more
    info)
    I click 'unlock' but there is no prompt for the driver installation (as in the driver files included with the nextgen server unlock.)

Naturally, it states a data collection driver and prompts me to check the drivers.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Which version of the unlock client are you using?

And again: what OS you're trying this on?
    It's on ver 25.0 and the OS is windows XP 32 bit
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Get the new version 27 which was released yesterday.
    Contact nextgen to get it or log in online and download it.
    Downloading right now but how does this make a difference? v25 was like only a month ago and the palm pre plus has been on their unlockable list for longer than that. Problem seems to be the lack of a requested driver install.