Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot! I have another question...sorry. When activating the phone after the bypass, do I have to extract the carrier file and edit it or just change settings from a settings page like APN and such? I'm seeing mixed answers on that. Following this, is it possible to after activate the phone via WiFi? And lastly, would I be able to access free apps in the catalog? I'm not in any of the countries listed (eve the free apps countries). With that, is there any site where you can download free apps and install them on the phone (not homebrew apps, the free apps on the store that I may not get access to).

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thank you for your time!

@IMPOSTAH: It is only available for webOS 2.0 and later (the concept makes no sense for webOS 1.4.5 or earlier). So I guess that's out of the question.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Since the app you suggested doesnt provide any apps, can you suggest another (official free apps; not homebrew)? Thanks.
    hi guys, i got another palm pre plus. the ones i got before i had them unlocked succesfully. i dont know what i am missing but i can not install the drivers. (i mean the drivers to use multi client, generic serial ant the others...)

i put the phone into diag mode and pluged in my laptop.
    it pops up and asks for the drivers and i showed the ones comes with the multi client. "C:\Program Files\Multi Unlock Client\Palm Pre\Drivers"

i used windows xp, windows 7 and windows 7 64bit. always get the error `windows could not find the driver software for your device.

is there a solution or smt? thaks for the helps!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Not sure it's right place to ask this but after reading thru 32 pages, hope I can get help.

I just bid & won used Palm Pre Plus in US thru eBay, and luckily my friend will visit me in Thailand nxt week, so soon I'll get my long waiting Palm phone probably on next Saturday. I have a couple questions rgd to unlock & app catalogue.

1. To unlock, should I do it before messing up its Firmware? as it is required to enable the phone read/write Thai language (WebOS 2.x is required).
    2. Continue from #1, if in the future, I update my firmware say WebOS 3.0, would I need to unlock again?
    3. I guess the seller used this phone before meaning that it should already registered as US App Catalogue. If I do unlock, updating firmware, would I still be able to access US catalogue?
    4. Do it support Old palm app? as I am a big fan of Palm, since Palm Vx, Treo 180, 270, 600, 680. many & long good memory
    5. For setting mobile internet access, does it involve with unlock process or it is my local mobile operator configuration?

Thanks for help,
    Narain
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Oh sorry, I almost forgot one important question. How many ways do I have to unlock it? as searching over internet, most are paid service, quite expensive about $30 up and involving with many processes, e.g. installing app (worst, many support only WinXP while now I use Win7 64bit).

Please help suggest or where I can find more info.

Thanks
    Narain
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Sawat di Narain. Sabai di mai khap? Baan khun tinai khap?

1. First unlock the phone.
    2/3. Activation for apps: OK, it's a used phone?
    Read this background info:
    If the phone was used in the US, the device is tied to the US AppCat, and you need to pay for apps with a US credit card. No way to change that. Unlocking, installing other firmware will not change that. However, if you use certain modified firmware, it is possible your device is no longer recognized by the Palm servers and the AppCatalog is broken.
    (If it is a new phone, as your friend to activate it in the US before going to Thailand. If you activate it for the first time in Thailand you will never have paid apps.) Info to get a prepaid US virtual credit card:
    (not sure if this will work from Thailand)
    4. Yes thats possible. There is a Classic emulator (don't know the exact name; I have no experience with this)
    5. Internet settings can be tricky. It may work out of the box. I have used sim cards from DTAC, and other Thai SIMS without problems in the past.
    Are you Thai? or living in Thailand? surprised me. Yr last sentence (Thai written by Eng) is not complete but I guess you mean asking me where I live, right? I am in Bangkok krub.

To clarify my understanding on your answers, so no matter I mess up firmware, e.g. upgrade to WebOS 2.0, then patch with Thai enablement. I won't affect its original profile, for example, this phone is activated in US, then I can access US app catalogue including Free app. Am I right?

About emulator, I read from Thai webboard, some say it does not support WebOS 2.x, not sure you have an idea or not but that's OK, I'll find out more myself.

For internet setting, hope it is not that difficult, as for sure, AIS (Mobile operator) staff does not have a clue what Pam Pre is, so let alone how to set up GPRS/EDGE.

Appreciated your help & prompt response krub,

Narain
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    You can use digitalunlock on a Windows 7 machine. No problem.
    Buy unlock credits using this code: PALM-YN8A
    Cost: 15.54 EUR

JIC Unlock is half the cost but not as easy on Win7:
    Special Unlock Discount for P|C Members - Promo Code = PALMFORUM
    6 GBP = 7 EURO = 9.6 USD
    when you said "not as easy on Win7", how difficult it is? I am quite PC power use (but not programmer), I know how to work things around a bit. My point is to save money from this, why not? Worst case, I can use other Machine who still run WinXP to unlock if there is no better choice.

but again, in your opinion, should I do unlock bfr upgrade/changing firmware or can do after? is there any impact of unlock if in the future I update my firmware to WebOS 3.x?

Thanks for your promo code, surely it does help & save a lot

Narain
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    No, I'm not Thai, but I've visited your country perhaps 20 times or so over the last 15 years.

Regarding the AppCat; depending on the firmware you install, your profile may or may not be considered 2.1. Sometimes the combination of hardware and software confuses Palm servers. What I meant is that the unlock solution unlocks your modem board, so you can use it with any GSM carrier and that is irreversible. Only Palm Repair centers can relock you phone.
    Then go with the cheaper JIC unlock solution, sold at
    Run the unlock client on a stock firmware. So:
    1. First install 1.4.5
    2. Unlock
    3. Then you can put 2.1, and Thai on it
    Samui style
    OK, not realise the southern dialect you may picked up during yr visit in Thailand. Glad to hear you like our country, those visits are about work or pleasure?

BTW, thanks your suggestion on both unlock & app catalogue, now I cannot do things much until really get the phone in hand. I just wanna do research for unlock option & better prepared.

Last question, once I got phone, how do I know it activated in US? Should I put my AIS local SIM card or wait till unlock?

Thanks for big help again, highly appreciated.

Narain
    I've looked through a few of the forums topics here, and tried to find an answer without bugging anyone, but i cant seem to find anything for my situtation...i got a pre plus as "gift" that is supposed to be locked to AT&T, im an ATT customer..and my att sim isnt being read by the phone...it wont allow me to create an account because it can't connect to the network...if i hit the phone in the corner and try to call customer service it fails..and afterwards asks me to enter unBlock code (green screen)...i thought since i had an ATT sim it should recognize it, even if its "locked" correct? any ideas guys? what can i do?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920