Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Can you access internet with your SIM card?
    Yes? run Device Info, Full Erase to start Activation/Profile Creation process
    No? Meta-Doctor Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide (bypass carrier activation, etc.)
    because I can´t access internet with my SIM card. Only wi-fi.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Unlocking in a few simple steps:

1. Run the official Palm activation bypass tool:
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

2. Unlock your Pre (Plus)
    credits and instructions: Nextgen Server.
    Stick to step-by-stel rules and do not forget to disable DIAG mode once it's unlocked.

a. Data off SIM
    : run Device Info, Full Erase to start Activation/Profile Creation process
    b. No data off SIM: Meta-Doctor http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    I did bypass (step 1) and unlock the pre+ with my Nextgen credit (step 2).
    I can make phone calls and use the wi-fi.
    Can´t access internet with my SIM card (ENTEL PCS/Chile)

Device information shows that the network hardware option is still ATT.
    The quick test report shows that the Hardware area (modem) with the code 20 presnts problems.
    I think that the problem is that I can't coordinate the hardware (ATT) with my carrier signal (ENTEL).

Any idea????....
    Thanks 4 helping---
    Last edited by poolento; 08/06/2010 at 02:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    hahahah... sorry --- I think I'm not a a direct guy---
    carrier: ENTEL PCS
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Que lento! Espera que termine otra cosa.
    this phone is making me crazyĦĦĦĦ--- jajajjaja
    saludosĦĦĦĦĦ
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ExcellentĦĦĦĦ I'll do it right now...
    This is a second hand device. I bought it by ebay so it was activated in USA.

I hope I can sleep tonight... :P
    Thanks a lot GFNĦĦĦĦĦ
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    GFNĦĦĦĦ
    I love you manĦĦĦĦ
    Problem resolvedĦĦĦ
    No Meta-Dr or other strange stuff

Thanks-thanks a lot again for your patience...
    Fraternos saludos y nos vemos en algún threadĦĦĦ
    PM
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You're welcome.
    Can you see Paid Apps in the App Catalog?
    yes. sure...
    enjoying my pre+
    but ATT is still bothering...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    What's bothering you?
    My network hardware is still ATT, and GPS is not properly working.
    I can't use the ATT navigator,YPmobile or even Googlemaps.
    Hello, in attempt to bypass the activation using devicetool.jar of step #1, I ran into a problem that says Timeout:waiting for device to appear. It seems to be a problem with the device driver in windows XP. Search on the net but seemed hard to locate the driver required. Some post hinted on USB 2.0 is required but my PC should be USB 2.0/1.1 capable. Wonder if any expert can he'll here..

The current state is that the plus shows the palm logo which suggests it's still in rebooting model I believe. Many thanks.
    OK, worked it out. It works with another PC. Got step #1 done.
    Hi All,

I have purchased a no commitment price Palm Pre Plus for $300 from an AT&T store. The idea was to gift it to my brother in India.
    I need to know how to unlock it. I have the phone with me in India currentl
    I tried a few of the online sites like cellunlocker.net but they say that they cannot find the code for my IMEI number.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Avni Sood
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avnisood View Post
    Hi All,

I have purchased a no commitment price Palm Pre Plus for $300 from an AT&T store. The idea was to gift it to my brother in India.
    I need to know how to unlock it. I have the phone with me in India currentl
    I tried a few of the online sites like cellunlocker.net but they say that they cannot find the code for my IMEI number.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Avni Sood
    First. The phone must be activated in USA.
    Second. Follow the instructions of the first GFN's post in this thread.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I have 2 specific questions. Since the phone is already with me in India and I did not activate it while in the US. Can I use my existing AT&T SIM card (I have an AT&T connection on another phone) and use it to activate it.
    The GFN post was good, but I thought it was a bit complicated for a layman like me. Do we need to follow all the three steps specified as well as buy the code from NextGen. Does the simple route of buying a unlock code available. (For ex. NetGen site talks about buying the code for $40).

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Avni
    If you will use your provider sim card you may not get all of the apps in app catalog...

The best way to unlock is to use nextgen servers because it's permanent... With rebel sim you have to downgrade modem firmware
    I have a refurbished AT&T Pre that apparently I cannot get an unlock code from any website (I was hoping to do it for $9) so it looks like I will need to use NextGen.

My Pre is currently activated and using an AT&T prepaid sim. The Pre is setup the way I like.

My question is, do I need to erase and use metadoctor if I want to unlock? Or can I just use NextGenServer on my phone as is and then use another carriers sim after? Will data work with the new sim (I plan on traveling to France with the Pre and want to get a local prepaid sim from Orange).
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but the search function does not work on my Safari browser :-(

I have just bought an unlock from Nextgen server, but i cannot get the drivers to install for 'reduced cdc abstract control model driver' or 'Generic Serial'.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit. I have followed there instructions over & over, but i cannot install these drivers!!

Thanx in advance.
    According to our experience and the Nextgen website:

System requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32 bit)
    (Vista 64 bit & Windows 7 untested at present and no support, MAC os not supported)
    Do not use this if you phone asks for 'unblock code', you have used up all your code entry attempts already by entering wrong codes
    This is in continuation of my earlier question. Do we need to perform all 3 steps in GFN post or just buy the Nextgenserver credit enough for unlocking a no contract AT&T phone.

Thanks

Avni

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I have 2 specific questions. Since the phone is already with me in India and I did not activate it while in the US. Can I use my existing AT&T SIM card (I have an AT&T connection on another phone) and use it to activate it.
    The GFN post was good, but I thought it was a bit complicated for a layman like me. Do we need to follow all the three steps specified as well as buy the code from NextGen. Does the simple route of buying a unlock code available. (For ex. NetGen site talks about buying the code for $40).

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Avni
    Hi,

The phone asks me to create a profile for myself to access Palm Services.

Thanks

Avni

Avni, it depends what you see.
    When you turn on the phone, what do you see.
    <<Thread Moved/Edited/Stickied>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast