Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
    Hi,

First of all, thanks for setting up this thread. It seems pretty bulletproof!

I'm about to purchase a UK O2 Pre+ so will be unlocking it for use on Orange (I'm in the UK).

Has anyone successfully run NextGen's unlock client via virtual box?
    I only have a Mac (running 10.6.7) and no space for boot camp. I could throw on a copy of XP under virtual box though.

Thanks

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I know it's been done, and it wasn't all that easy.
    Sorry that's all I know.

You're bound to have a friend with an XP machine though?
    Yeah, I'll do it work on Tuesday. I was just being impatient!
    I might give it a go though - it's only a connection between phone and NextGen's servers, so no real harm could be done if it fails(?).

I'll let you all know how I get on. I've been meaning to get windows up and running anyway.

Thanks
    I realise this is an old thread, but has anyone successfully run NExtGen's unlock client under Windows 7 64bit?

I only have access to Win7 64, or OSX 10.6!
    Excellent, I was just about to make an XP partition!

Thanks for the fast reply.

Glad to see the Pre is so well supported! Great little phone (and forum!)
    I have.
    Hey GuyFromNam, how did you manage to install the drivers?

I'm trying to install the (R-ACM) and Generic Serial drivers in win7 (64) and thye're just not having any of it! lol

I'm tried:
    Device Manager > Update Driver Software > Browse... > ../drivers
    This didn't work, so:

Device Manager > Update Driver Software > Browse... > Let me pick.. > ../drivers

gives the error: "The folder you specified doesn't containa compatible software driver for you device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows x86-based systems"

Thanks

EDIT:
    OK, it's looking like win7 (64) is not going to happen. But so far VirtualBox seems to pick up the USB fine. Albeit I only have Win Server 2003, which also isn't supported!!

I'll dig around for an XP disc and let you know how VirtualBox goes...
    Last edited by crushedlizard; 05/03/2011 at 08:16 AM.
    d not choose the ./drivers folder go up one folder and choose that, the drivers are not in the drivers folder
    If you're not more specific, you're not helping much.
    The 'drivers' folder you're referring to is under 'palm pre'.

If he would go up 'one folder', he'd still be in the wrong place.
    OP, just use the folder I mentioned above.
    when you choose to browse for the drivers use this location

C:\Program Files\Multi Unlock Client

and make sure the "include subfolders" check-bos is checked

thats what worked for me following the instruction on the nextgen email/website didnt work
    Win7 x64: Are you on version 47.04 and are you installing the drivers from a folder called 'Palm_Win7_Vista_X64'?
    Thanks GFN! I was using the x86 folder - completely blind to the win7 folder! D'uh.

It's only installed 1 COM port though. The instructions say there should be 2?

I can't install a driver for the "Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM). Is that even anything to do with this unlock (it's not my laptop so not sure if it was missing earlier).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    when you choose to browse for the drivers use this location

C:\Program Files\Multi Unlock Client

and make sure the "include subfolders" check-bos is checked

thats what worked for me following the instruction on the nextgen email/website didnt work
    Thanks, alas that didn't help. I can't get that R-ACM to install. So I only have JIC Palm Pre (COM5) installed.
    There is no 'Multi Unlock Client' folder under 'Program Files' dude...
    is that a change from 47.00 because in version 47.00 of NG_multi_unlock_client_plain_v47.00.exe when installing the default location is as mentioned in my previous post, see the attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cool, ok I managed to finally get them installed. I now plug in my phone, select Palm tab.
    Then Palm Pre from the device drop down.
    Check the box "Diag drivers installed"
    Then click unlock.

It tries to contect COM Port 7 and then crashes at 1%!!

haha, bloody hell...
    Here are some screen caps:

I think it's still to do with the R-ACM, as after a reboot/crash it seems to forget the driver

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OK, looks like I've been successful via XP Home running in VirtualBox under OSX!

I'll confirm all is good after I've made some calls/texts.

Struggled a bit with Virtual box picking up the USB correctly, but if I unchecked USB 2.0 (EHCI) it all ran fine!

Thanks again for all the help, and being so quick to respond.
    Hello this thread is to know if can I unlock a Palm pre plus with the next.

Well i'm getting a Palm Pre Plus this tuesday brand new from AT&T, I have 3 SIM cards from AT&T, but I don't live in USA.

Now here are the questions:

1. Can I use the AT&T Sim cards for make my profiles to get to the palm shop?.
    2. After I make my profile, Can I use nextgenserver for unlock my Palm via codes?.

Well not more questions, if I can unlock it I can use 3G because Claro Dominicana works with 850 band same as AT&T.

Can I use Webdoctor and then bypass to make it work on my company without any issues?.

Thanks for all =), Hope have a nice day.
    1. No, simply using an AT&T SIM is not enough to ensure access to the HP/Palm App catalog. I suggest, that if possible, get someone in the US to activate the phone in the US, using an AT&T SIM. This is the only way to get acxcess to the US app catalog.

2. Yes, you can use nextgenserver to unlock the AT&T Pre+.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    There is an unlocking sticky thread in this sub-forum.
    You completely missed it before creating this thread.
    Please note that reading skills are required and essential to unlock your phone using NextGen. Don't mean to be harsh; just some friendly advice.
    Yeah I alredy know it and I already read it, but is useless I don't see my problem there, well is not a problem yet because I don't have the palm yet, have anyone tried this before?. Because anyways after all it should work because with the Wifi network or roaming network can get the app catalog, and anyways I won't use Dev mode before unlock it, I want to unlock it and then use Dev mode.
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by trakyng View Post
    Yeah I alredy know it and I already read it, but is useless I don't see my problem there, well is not a problem yet because I don't have the palm yet, have anyone tried this before?. Because anyways after all it should work because with the Wifi network or roaming network can get the app catalog, and anyways I won't use Dev mode before unlock it, I want to unlock it and then use Dev mode.
    I think DigitalUnlock does the unlocking thing without needing devmode :P

But seriously, it's not like Android, you won't lose your warranty if you use devmode, you won't lose your warranty if you unlock it. This is an open world my friend, where Palm really supports their developers (don't start with this, I'm aware of all the problems, and they still support us).
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    You have a bit of reading to do by the sound of it.
    Okay there's no problem i'm already reading :P. LOL
    hmm by the way..does the promo code still work?