Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    I bought a used AT&T Palm Pre Plus on eBay, ran the digitalunlock solution which is really simple and straightforward, and now I have a fully functional, including 3G network, Palm Pre Plus using my TelCel Mexico SIM card.

The process is so easy that anyone can do it. Just download, run the software, type in the registration key you bought, put the phone in recovery mode and let the software do its magic. There is even a promo code somewhere else in this thread, so you get a discount.

I did a lot of reading, mostly on this thread, so I want to thank GuyFromNam for all the great support and advice.
    Hello I have read the main post, only thing I can't grasp is this:

If I unlock an O2 palm pixi gsm, I can use a vodafone sim card? fully functional and create a profile with palm with my vodafone simcard? - if I use the Digital unlock? (not activated pixi plus)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, that's kinda the whole point of unlocking.

Whether you can create a profile depends on having a data plan, and your carrier and location. Some exotic carriers are not included in the carrier database.
    Uk - Vodafone uk with data plan.

I just didn't want to top up an O2 sim card to create a profile to unlock and use my vodafone sim instead I wanted to unlock then create a palm profile ( my question was not worded very well) - will go with the digital unlock seems a lot less work!.

Thank you!
    I am looking into ordering an AT&T pixi plus which is available from amazon at $175. To use it with other carrier in other country (Costa Rica) I understand I need an unlock code from a site such as nextgenserver? Also, to be able to get access to the app catalog to get paid apps The only available method is to activate it while physically being in the US and using an AT&T SIM? and even then the use of non US credit cards to pay for apps could be restricted?
    Hi there:
    I have a Palm Pre on O2 UK, about to come to the end of my contract on Friday; leaving the country permanently on Saturday! I'm going to give the nextgenserver unlock a go, but does it matter if I wait until I'm in the US to go through the unlock process? Or do I have to do it here in the UK? (Prefer to wait -- mostly because I don't want to mess up my phone, nor do I necessarily have the time to do it before then!)

Thanks!
    Oh balls. Well, it's still going with me, I guess - its packaging is already packed away. I suppose it will at least be handy as a pocket wifi device until I choose a new smartphone. Thanks!
    Getting ready to give up on unlocking this Pre
    Same problem others have had, the drivers just wont install ! Phone is in Diag mode, USBnet is off and I have tried both the Pre and Palm_X86 drivers. XP insists the drivers dont contain info about the device.
    I'm loathe to go down the route of calling O2 CS so any suggestions for another method ?

<EDIT> Paid the extra and unlocked it with digitalunlock.com
    Last edited by grumble; 04/16/2011 at 09:38 AM.
    >NextGen on XP is kindergarten...

Absolutely no desire to start a flame war but.....
    With a IT history that dates back to cp/m I am sufficiently experienced in getting awkward devices to install and all the little tips/tricks I have used in the past failed in this case. It got to the point where it wasn't worth spending any more time/effort. Obviously this method does work, but not in 100% of cases. Digitalunlock was more expensive but simply worked out of the box.
    Feel free to start whatever you want. I can confirm the DigitalUnlock solution is *****-proof.
    (edit: not saying you are one)

I've seen people with over 20 years of IT experience buy an unlock credit for a Pixi, and insist NextGen did not work (they were trying to unlock a Pre).
    Ah well, one thing I do know is not all XP installs are equal ! AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $all$ $the$ $boxes$ $were$ $ticked$ ($correct$ $model$, $correct$ $mode$ $etc$.) $but$ $to$ $no$ $avail$, $there$ $may$ $have$ $been$ $a$ $conflict$ $with$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $virtual$ $devices$/$ports$ $I$ $have$ $installed$ $but$ $I$ $doubt$ $it$. $Anyway$ $as$ $the$ $saying$ $goes$ '$Make$ $something$ ***** $proof$ $and$ $Nature$ $will$ $develop$ $a$ $better$ *****'
    If anyone wants a free nextgen credit let me know (shame to see it wasted).
    Get a refund. It won't be a problem.
    Not bothered about the money (relatively small amount) so happy to give a gift to someone else.
    Quick update on my Pre (O2 UK): I filled out O2's online unlock request form just for kicks. On Friday, the day my contract expired, I got an email from O2 -- with the unlock code! A nice unexpected bonus. I'm in the US now successfully using my Pre with a T-Mobile USA sim in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktindc View Post
    Quick update on my Pre (O2 UK): I filled out O2's online unlock request form just for kicks. On Friday, the day my contract expired, I got an email from O2 -- with the unlock code! A nice unexpected bonus. I'm in the US now successfully using my Pre with a T-Mobile USA sim in it.
    I did the same by walking into my local O2 UK shop and asking nicely. Though at first they said it could not be done, I asked for a supervisor and they agreed to "try anyway" and this morning they emailed me my unlock code which worked a treat - first time.
    Well done O2 UK.
    Thanks a lot JIC Technology for made it possible to me. Finally i got my phone "unlocked" and "unBlocked" and i love it. Thanks to GuyFromNam who is one of the best collaborators on these matters
    It took me a while to get the driver working but besides that it worked like a charm on my rogers pre2
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    hello,

I've unlock my pre plus through nextgen and am thinking of getting a pixi plus. Is the procedure the same as the pre plus for pixi plus?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adch View Post
    hello,

I've unlock my pre plus through nextgen and am thinking of getting a pixi plus. Is the procedure the same as the pre plus for pixi plus?

Thanks
    Exactly the same. As a matter of fact, I forgot to post that I got my FrankenPixi unlocked and unblocked via NextGen. Thanks!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Exactly the same. As a matter of fact, I forgot to post that I got my FrankenPixi unlocked and unblocked via NextGen. Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply

one more thing..if i activate in an unsupported country, there would be no access to both the free and paid apps catalog or just the paid ones?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adch View Post
    Thanks for the reply

one more thing..if i activate in an unsupported country, there would be no access to both the free and paid apps catalog or just the paid ones?

Thanks
    Exactly, but if you use 2.x, you can use the Impostah program to activate it in a way that it should give you access even to paid apps

Go here, read, and learn
    And, if the device is a Pre, Pre Plus, or Pixi Plus (not 2.x), GSM, you could talk to rwhitby about a "Preactivation".

Of course, these activation procedures ONLY work if the device has never been activated (but that goes on another thread).

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    After unlocking, does doctoring make a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    After unlocking, does doctoring make a difference?
    No

(short question, short answer)