Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    you should drop a quick PM to pastorrich1 because I think he did this with his.
    Will do
    Sounds to me like you don't have Java installed. Install that and you should be golden.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Ok, they are awake in the netherlands! GFN is the resident expert on this. It was night time for him when you create the thread. He and Arthur will take good care of you!

Ps, I don't think you can get 3G on t-mobile. Did you know that?
    u still on vacation. or did i just have a brain freeze?
    Are you on mac?
    Dear All,

I bought the unlock utility from nextgen yesterday after trying everything to unlock my palm pixi plus.

everything was going perfectly as per the provided instructions but now i'm stuck with the Diag Drivers incompatibility with Windows 7 64-bit.

Please help !!!!!
    If you find them, let me know. I've been searching forever for them...
    <<moved thread to GSM Pre to get more views>>
    I tried to just run the bypass tool but once I download it and click on it the program does not run. Do I need to save it as a certain file?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    When the phone is in recovery mode, you just start the bypass tool.
    No need to enter anything in the command line.

Check if latest version of Java's installed.
    Just follow the unlock sticky for NextGen Server (you're in recov mode, so I'm guessing you bought that one). It's foolproof.
    Thanks to DigitalUnlock (and GuyFromNam) I now have an unlocked (AT&T) Pixi Plus running flawlessly on Rogers up here in Canada.

It couldn't have been any simpler, and the DigitalUnlock program worked perfectly with my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. If your in the market to unlock a Pixi or Pre you shouldn't hesitate to use DigitalUnlock.

(PS - Some have said AT&T is now giving unlock codes...but I called them twice about a week ago before I tried DigitalUnlock and AT&T said the Pixi did not qualify to release the code).
    You won't see the program do anything. Make sure you are in recovery mode with the usb symbol on the screen. Once you run the tool the usb symbol will disappear and the Prew will power up.
    Thanks for the help, i was finally able to bypass the activation screen, i am using Nextgen Server to unlock the pre now. Not sure if anyone is familiar with this but I've followed each and every step but once i run the "Multi Unlock client" and hit the Unlock button i get this error message "Data collection error, check drivers". During this step the USB cable needs to be taken out then put back in, in order for the computer to detect a new hardware and a menu is supposed to pop up. No new hardware is read once i do that and no menu pops up. Not sure what it is, the phone is recognized via USB, it's in Developer Mode, Novacom drivers are installed as well. Anyone run into this problem before?
    I'm not familiar with the pre, How do I put the phone in Diag Mode?
    Is Developer mode and Diag mode two different things? I know how to out the phone on Developer mode which I did whe running doing the unlock process and nothing happened.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    used the digital unlock tool and worked very very well.

thank you, esp to guyfromnam.

you know what surprised me is that i saw my pixi say 3g while a t-mobile card was in it (used it only momentarily). i thought that was not possible
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I've been trying to put the phone in Diag Mode but the drivers cannot be installed on my computer, these are the messages that i am getting.

1.) USB Composite Device(Ready to Use)
    2.) Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model(No driver found)
    3.) Generic Serial(No Driver found)

1 out of the 3 are checked off and ready the last 2 seem to be the problem, i updated all of the software needed for my computer but the drivers are still not found.... Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
    I've been trying to put the phone in Diag Mode but the drivers cannot be installed on my computer, these are the messages that i am getting.

1.) USB Composite Device(Ready to Use)
    2.) Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model(No driver found)
    3.) Generic Serial(No Driver found)

1 out of the 3 are checked off and ready the last 2 seem to be the problem, i updated all of the software needed for my computer but the drivers are still not found.... Any suggestions?
    Was there a dialog box that appeared that showed that the machine needs to install the drivers? If not, you may need to use another PC to install the thing. My netbook with WinXP had this issue.
    Hi there...
    I want to buy off eBay a Sprint Palm Pre, the first version. Unfortunately as I understand, it is locked with Sprint. I have read the posts and searched on Google for some kind of an unlocking program that will do that for free, just like the iPhone has (in fact it has a HUGE collection of them). Can I unlock my Palm Pre using a program like that for free, or will the Preware program (a Cydia equivalent, I think) do the job? Like downloading an "unlock patch". Or maybe getting a webOS doctor with an unlocked image of the OS? I am not afraid of wiping the original OS or even having to use the command line.
    what a waste of money unlocking it, the one thing i use the most i cant get to work!!