Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by indiewolf View Post
    i am really on the verge of breaking down.
    this entire unlocking thing has been a nightmare.
    i have tried version 30 & 31.

have followed all the steps.
    using win Vista- 32 bit.
    keep getting. Failed to get counter is zero please check login and repeat.
    for palm pixi plus locked on o2 uk contacted nex gen no response yet.
    please HELP.
    I just had the same problem happen to me. I finally found an XP machine, fresh install on the client, did the instaling of the drivers off of the folders from the client... first time clicked unlock it said complete (i did it with att sim in not sure if thats right or wrong..) turned off the phone and poped in new sim, asked me for unlock code.. took out att sim and tried unlocking with a dif sim, this time it tells me Counter is zero.. that happens everytime now. (thinking credit used up but never got unlocked...)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am dumbfounded and feel like a total fool. how have i managed to put myself in such a situation is inexplicable. this is a shock to say the least.
    anyways, i have just pmed u.

i did get the message -- success, please reboot your phone.

i rebooted it. shut it down. changed the sim.

it is still unlocked as it asks for unlock code?

what did i do THIS time? sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Here's the problem. You bought a Pre unlock and you are trying to unlock a Pixi.
    I've asked for your unlock credit to be changed to a Pixi one, and will get back to you once I get confirmation.

You may want to reconsider some of the posts you made...

EDIT: Your Pre unlock credit has been changed to a Pixi one. Try again.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    You check your inbox for the unlock code

We all make mistakes.
    posts have been edited.
    have kept it as professional and as useful as possible for people of this forum to read and hopefully will help.

everyone, yes i did check my order not once but twice, i even ordered twice so how on earth did i make this mistake is beyond me. BUT I DID DO SOMETHING WRONG.
    so when u get the email after ordering :
    FIRST STEP : check what phone you have ordered the unlock code for.
    SECOND step: the instructions don't come in the email , but when u install the software , instructional pdf files can be found via start>programs>nextgen server>multilock client >...
    THIRD step: read the pdf fully first.
    FOURTH step:follow the steps, type password, install drivers(manually),enable diag mode, unlock it,reboot phone, DISABLE diag mode,shut the phone down, insert different sim, enter unlock code which will be sent to your registered email.
    and yes you then will be so RELIEVED, so happy, so satisfied and ready to speak to your loved ones, coz it's holiday season and the end of a decade.

WELCOME 2011.

and yes, make guyfromnam a president. my vote is already registered.

Best regards, thanks in all diff languages of the world
    a very happy human being
    Hi all,

I have successfully unlock mu pixi plus, but nothing go into my mail box over a half day already. What should I do? Many thanks for your kindly help. Have a nice holiday!

Best Regards!
    Checking...
    Thank YOU so much !!!
    This is the best thread I ever read!!!
    Excellent, the Digitalunlock worked faster and easier than the Nextgenserver one

Thanks GuyFromNam!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I just wanted to let everybody know, that as of today, December 31st, 2010, AT&T will now provide you with the unlock for free. I called them a few days ago to see if if they would unlock my Pixi Plus, and a friendly service rep explained to me that for 6 months after the release of the phone, AT&T had the exclusivity rights on the phone and would not unlock it, even for paying customers. The day when their exclusivity period was over was today, and so I called them again to unlock my Pixi Plus. They did it for free with no hassle, even though I don't have any sort of contract with AT&T.

Step by step instructions: Read everything, and then start the work.

1. Call AT&T at 1-800-331-0500
    2. When voices asks for your phone number (right when you call), press 1.
    3 After waiting a few seconds, it should start listing alternate options. Press 0.
    4. An AT&T agent will come on the line, or will come on the line after a few minutes on hold. They will ask for the AT&T cell phone number you are calling about. Explain to them that you don't have an AT&T account because you live outside the USA, and you bought an AT&T phone that you intend to use outside the USA in a country where AT&T doesn't exist.
    5. They will ask for your IMEI number. That can be found in About Phone --> More Info --> IMEI.
    6. They will need a few minutes for processing or something. They should ask you to put the foreign SIM card into your phone. That means you need to have your foreign SIM ready when you call. This will take a few minutes, because swapping the SIM requires removing the battery, and we all know how long Pres and Pixis take to start up...
    7. When it starts, it will ask for some code. (It's called network unlock code or something similar.) The AT&T rep will give you this code, and if you enter it correctly, your Pre Plus/Pixi Plus should be unlocked and ready to travel the world!
    I unlocked my 02 palm pre plus after bypassing it (its still unactivated), and I can't get any sort of data services to work on it. I'm currently in Pakistan, the max available here is EDGE but it just will not work. Only wi-fi works. Calls and Messages on a local sim also work just fine. I unlocked using Nextgenserver.

Is this normal?
    If your phone doesn't have APN settings for your carrier, it's "normal". Go to the phone app, preferences, and inside Network check the Manual Settings switch. Now type Edit Settings and fill the information.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    If your phone doesn't have APN settings for your carrier, it's "normal". Go to the phone app, preferences, and inside Network check the Manual Settings switch. Now type Edit Settings and fill the information.

I tried mate. But everytime I try to input the APN, it says 'Unable to Write Settings'. Whenever I would open the browser it would say "No Internet Connection: Please enable networking before using the browser" instantly. Its almost seems as if it wasn't properly unlocked. =/
    Last edited by toilet; 01/01/2011 at 10:07 AM.
    I have unlocked two Pixi Plus devices, same result: sucess!

First one, in November, I did it via NextGenServer. Everything ok, but it was complicated, a lot of drivers to be installed... etc. Not very userfriendly.
    Second, today with DigitalUnlock. Very, very simple, user-friendly and fast. It's a 10 out of 10 service.

Happy New Year to all of you and specially thanks to GFN, who not only helped but also gave me a free code for this second time.

Cheers!
    It almost seems as if you don't know what you're talking about...

Your Pakistani carrier is not in the Pre's database, so there's no row the Pre can write the manually entered data to.
    See a thread called Modifying carrier settings for more info.

This thread: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-settings.html

Thank you GuyfromNam! I haven't read the thread completely yet but I've kinda gotten a whiff of where it would lead. And yes, I did not know "exactly" what I was talking about which is why I posted. I did read a million posts first though, just to tell you your supercilious sense of humor did NOT go unnoticed.

Will post what results. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by adriantannerisb View Post
    I just wanted to let everybody know, that as of today, December 31st, 2010, AT&T will now provide you with the unlock for free. I called them a few days ago to see if if they would unlock my Pixi Plus, and a friendly service rep explained to me that for 6 months after the release of the phone, AT&T had the exclusivity rights on the phone and would not unlock it, even for paying customers. The day when their exclusivity period was over was today, and so I called them again to unlock my Pixi Plus. They did it for free with no hassle, even though I don't have any sort of contract with AT&T.

Step by step instructions: Read everything, and then start the work.

1. Call AT&T at 1-800-331-0500
    2. When voices asks for your phone number (right when you call), press 1.
    3 After waiting a few seconds, it should start listing alternate options. Press 0.
    4. An AT&T agent will come on the line, or will come on the line after a few minutes on hold. They will ask for the AT&T cell phone number you are calling about. Explain to them that you don't have an AT&T account because you live outside the USA, and you bought an AT&T phone that you intend to use outside the USA in a country where AT&T doesn't exist.
    5. They will ask for your IMEI number. That can be found in About Phone --> More Info --> IMEI.
    6. They will need a few minutes for processing or something. They should ask you to put the foreign SIM card into your phone. That means you need to have your foreign SIM ready when you call. This will take a few minutes, because swapping the SIM requires removing the battery, and we all know how long Pres and Pixis take to start up...
    7. When it starts, it will ask for some code. (It's called network unlock code or something similar.) The AT&T rep will give you this code, and if you enter it correctly, your Pre Plus/Pixi Plus should be unlocked and ready to travel the world!
    Just tried it. "Your phone is not eligible".
    Success! Edge is now up and running for Warid Pakistan! That is AWESOME! Thanks GuyfromNaam!

Next step, is starting the First Use App.

That's a huge problem, cause I have installed both "Show first use App" and "Enable Profile Creation on an Activation Bypassed Device" patches but there is still NO icon for the First Use App in the Launcher.

A little help, someone? I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find anything.
    Type "first" on card view?
    have done the unlock and can make and recieve calls and text messages BUT i cant use the internet or mms anyone know the apn's for orange uk, have tried the pre plus mms ones but no luck.

thanks
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Try these:
    MMS:
    Access Point Name: orangemms
    Username: Orange
    Password: Multimedia
    Authentication: Normal
    Data bearer: GPRS
    Gateway IP (proxy) address: 192.168.224.010
    Port: 9201 (some users have reported 8080 works if 9201 doesn't)
    Session mode: Permanent
    MMS Message (Relay) Server URL http://mms.orange.co.uk/

Internet:

APN: orangeinternet
    username and password: leave blank
    thanks imaq ill give them a go!!!

tried these, well the ones i could access but i cant see how to change things like proxy, authentication etc....
    Last edited by crazyadi; 01/05/2011 at 05:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyadi View Post
    thanks imaq ill give them a go!!!

tried these, well the ones i could access but i cant see how to change things like proxy, authentication etc....
    Well you just have to take the settings I've given and put them in the right boxes on the Pre, try this:

MMS APN: orangemms
    Username: Orange
    Password: Multimedia
    MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk/
    MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.010
    Max Size: 500

Internet settings should be straight forward.

Then activate manual settings, and go into airplane mode then back out of airplane mode/restart the phone.
    Need some help bypassing a AT&T pre plus. I have the phone on Recovery mode in order to bypass the activation screen. When i run the command line i get a message saying the command is not recognized. All i'm doing is copy and paste from here Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

Everything that's needed has been downloaded and installed... Can someone please provide some help? I am trying to unlock the phone to have it run on t mobile.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast