Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    It's somewhat sporadic, but whyyyy does this thing shut off on me randomly. I just watched a movie at the theatre, and had the phone in my pocket on vibrate. I felt it vibrate once, didn't touch it during the movie, and I went to check what the reason was for the notification and it was completely off. Not a luna crash/restart, but OFF.

So aggravating.

I have Uberkernel screenstate 500/720 and a few other patches, as well as lotsa games and music on my phone (1.4.5 Bell), some homebrew, etc. I installed 1.4.5 via WebOS doctor when it came out.

Any suggestions?
    Have you looked into whether your battery is loose or not? A lot of people had to perform a simple mod that saved them from random restarts and shut downs because their batteries were a little loose.

Those threads might be a good starting point in your troubleshooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    Have you looked into whether your battery is loose or not? A lot of people had to perform a simple mod that saved them from random restarts and shut downs because their batteries were a little loose.

Those threads might be a good starting point in your troubleshooting.
    That's pretty much what I was gonna say.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Yeah, I do have a piece of paper wedged in the battery compartment because I used to close the screen and it would die on me. I haven't had THAT happen to me since I did it, but I have had the pre randomly shut down as I explained happened in the movie as well as a couple times where the Pre was actually set down on a table (and therefore completely still for a long period of time).