Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've found many discussions about overclocking the Palm Pre on this forum. No real step by step instructions. Some links that i've downloaded files from but when I try the instructions I get an error loading the second file that reads:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .com.l337tech_caj2008spkinstall_allos14_armv7.ipk plus a bunch of stuff after that. An error occurred, return value 4.
    Cannot find package com.l337tech.superkernelinstaller.

Is there a good install with instructions out there? I've tried searching the web and get videos that are all labeled PRIVATE when I try to play them.

This is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isdpcman View Post
    I've found many discussions about overclocking the Palm Pre on this forum. No real step by step instructions. Some links that i've downloaded files from but when I try the instructions I get an error loading the second file that reads:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .com.l337tech_caj2008spkinstall_allos14_armv7.ipk plus a bunch of stuff after that. An error occurred, return value 4.
    Cannot find package com.l337tech.superkernelinstaller.

Is there a good install with instructions out there? I've tried searching the web and get videos that are all labeled PRIVATE when I try to play them.

This is frustrating.
    1) Do what I did. Read all three of these articles. Know your Overclocking Options | webOSroundup
    2) Download and install WebOS Quick Install on a PC
    3) Install Preware
    4) Open Preware on the phone
    5) Download "UberKernel" via Preware (if it asks to restart hit "later")
    6) Download "Govnah" via Preware (restart if it asks, if not then use the keyboard and "Sym+Option+R")
    7) Open up Govnah and chose the profile you wish or make your own.

Overclocking is always changing and updating, hence why some of the information you may have found being outdated or no longer there.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Start by installing Preware...
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Then read the Uberkernel thread from start to finish. It contains all the instructions you need...
    1) Do what I did. Read all three of these articles. Know your Overclocking Options | webOSroundup
    3) Install Preware
    6) Download "Govnah" via Preware (restart if it asks, if not then use the keyboard and "Sym+Option+R")

Overclocking is always changing and updating, hence why some of the information you may have found being outdated or no longer there.
    I coulldnt find the uberkernal in preware
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Just type in "Ube" and hit enter. Should show up.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Just type in "Ube" and hit enter. Should show up.
    Not there Im gonna try quickinstall

Edit: Tried quickinstall still isnt there, where do i get it
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Perform the search inside "List of Everything" within Preware.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    [Perform the search inside "List of Everything" within Preware. ]
    Done but still not showing up, should I try to uninstall and reinstall preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    3) Install Preware

It's easier to do steps 5 and 6 in reverse order. Install Govnah first (no restarts needed) and then install UberKernel (full phone reboot required).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    manordwall...is your Preware updating the feeds everytime you launch it? If not, you might need to check the settings to make sure you have the latest feeds updating turned on, especially webos-kernels feed. In Preware, Uberkernel is located in Available Packages>Kernel>Stable
    Last edited by Solen; 07/28/2010 at 01:02 AM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Try starting here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2416198
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Uberkernal, Govnah....overclocking is that simple. You will love your new Pre after you overclock. It's amazing.
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    just installed uberkernel using the instructions here, all I can say is wow!! It was super easy. It is so much quicker!! Almost feels like a new phone. Can't imagine what 1.2 ghz is like.
    What phone have you got? And where are you searching for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    manordwall...is your Preware updating the feeds everytime you launch it? If not, you might need to check the settings to make sure you have the latest feeds updating turned on, especially webos-kernels feed. In Preware, Uberkernel is located in Available Packages>Kernel>Stable
    This is most likely your solution. Your feed for Kernels is turned off. Go into the app menu, chose Manage Feeds, find the Kernels feed and turn it on, exit back to device menu and choose update feeds. You will then find Uber. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Hi Rod,

I put this on a different thread & knowing that you can't be everywhere at once, I thought I would post it here in case you or someone else could help me. Basically, I have UberKernel & Govnah installed, but Govnah is showing my frequency at 500MHz & it doesn't give me options for the overclocking or any of the multiple pages you showed on the demo. Anyway, here are the details. Thanks in advance.
    ----------------------------------
    Hi Guys,

I have had the Pre for about a year, but I had never used any of the homebrew patches/apps...until today. My main reason was I wanted to overclock the Pre. So I started from the beginning, got the quick install & preware installed & did a ton of patches immediately. I saved the overclocking for last.

Anyway, I read about the first 10 pages & the last 5 pages of the thread & thought I was ready. I updated all feeds, typed in uber & downloaded both Uberkernel & Govnah. After doing a couple restarts, both are installed w UberKernel version 1.4.1-74 and Govnah version 06.1.

The problem is Govnah says I am at a Frequency of 500MHz. I see nothing like all the pages of Govnah shown at the beginning of the thread and nothing that gives me options of changing to 600, 720 or 800 MHz. I want 800MHz.

Can you please help???

Cheers
    is it a step by step vid for this ? If not someone needs to make one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Hi Rod,

I put this on a different thread & knowing that you can't be everywhere at once, I thought I would post it here in case you or someone else could help me. Basically, I have UberKernel & Govnah installed, but Govnah is showing my frequency at 500MHz & it doesn't give me options for the overclocking or any of the multiple pages you showed on the demo. Anyway, here are the details. Thanks in advance.
    ----------------------------------
    Hi Guys,

I have had the Pre for about a year, but I had never used any of the homebrew patches/apps...until today. My main reason was I wanted to overclock the Pre. So I started from the beginning, got the quick install & preware installed & did a ton of patches immediately. I saved the overclocking for last.

Anyway, I read about the first 10 pages & the last 5 pages of the thread & thought I was ready. I updated all feeds, typed in uber & downloaded both Uberkernel & Govnah. After doing a couple restarts, both are installed w UberKernel version 1.4.1-74 and Govnah version 06.1.

The problem is Govnah says I am at a Frequency of 500MHz. I see nothing like all the pages of Govnah shown at the beginning of the thread and nothing that gives me options of changing to 600, 720 or 800 MHz. I want 800MHz.

Can you please help???

Cheers
    Sounds like you didn't reboot your phone after installation.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Sounds like you didn't reboot your phone after installation.
    Maybe I worded it incorrectly, but in the message I said I did a couple of restarts. I did both the Luna & the simultaneous Orange, Sym, R reboots.

Am I supposed to do a different reboot?

Thanks for any help.
    What version of Preware did you use to install the kernel?

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast