1.    #1  
    MY PALM PRE PLUS STOPPED WORKING SO I GOT A NEW ONE IN THE MAIL BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A WAY TO TRANSFER THE DATA INCLUDING PREWARE AND ALL THE PATCHES AND THINGS I HAVE INSTALLED THROUGH PREWARE?? CAN ANYONE HELP??? I HAVE TO SEND BACK MY OLD PHONE IN TWO DAYS SO I HAVE A DAY TO TRANSFER EVERYTHING.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I believe you can use the 'Saved Package List' in the Preware menu -from what i understand that is supposed to help you reinstall apps/patches...
    I think you missed the part about PRE PLUS STOPPED WORKING
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nachob View Post
    i think you missed the part about pre plus stopped working
    well it didnt completely stop working just i cant hear any audio besides that it works. So how would i do it to transfer everything?
    If you have linux access you can run the following command to get a list of all the homebrew and patches installed on your phone.
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed > /media/internal/luddite.txt

Xandu mentions some type of command that might work for you as well http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2559918
    Well in that case, do you have Preware and Save/Restore on your phone?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Please write in caps only
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Well in that case, do you have Preware and Save/Restore on your phone?
    Yes I do.
    In Preware, go to Saved Package List and perform an update. Then launch Save/Restore and perform a Save Application Data. Once that is done, connect your Pre to your computer in USB Drive mode and backup the saverestore folder along with any other important stuff, like maybe ringtones, wallpapers, music, DCIM, etc.

When you get your replacement Pre, and you have it up running, first thing to check is to make sure it has the latest WebOS. Once that is done, put Preware on the phone. Now, via Preware, download Save/Restore. Run Save/Restore once and perform a Save Application Data. After that's done, Plug your replacement Pre in to a PC in USB Drive mode and copy over all the folder/files you backed up from you busted Pre (this should include the Save/Restore folder). Now safely remove your Pre connection, run Save/Restore, and restore the Preware settings. Now when you run Preware, go into Saved Package List, and all your previous patches/homebrews should be in there for you to install. Just be sure not to Update your Saved Package List until you're done restoring everything you want to, otherwise that stuff that you haven't installed yet will be cleared from the list.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:47 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers