View Poll Results: Which form Factor should palm launch First?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slab

19 25.68%
  • Vertical Slider

35 47.30%
  • Candy Bar

5 6.76%
  • As long as it's running WebOS

15 20.27%
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Like many of you on this forum, I cannot envision myself using any other smartphone not running WebOS. As much as I love my Sprint Pre, I believe this device nor the pixi does justice to our beloved OS. You guys know all the reasons why.

I find myself wanting my next phone to have at least a 3.7" screen but not more than 4.0". Because palm has always made devices with vertical key, this limits the pre II to having at the most a 3.5" screen without compromising the form or looking awkward (my opinion). Which means to get the my desire screen size, Palm will have to make a slab.

Though I'm not a fan of soft keyboards, recent advancements in screen tech have removed most of the cons, so I won't mind owning a slab.

So which form factor should HP Palm launch first? Slab, Vertical slider, or Candy bar.
    Really want to see an improved version of the current Pre, with the vertical slider and physical keyboard.

At the same time, I think they should eventually make available a "slab" form to attract those iPhone enthusiasts who prefer the virtual keyboard.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Definitely a slab!
    I'm with jjeffcoat. I like the portrait style better, but a slab style seems to be the popular thing right now. The Evo, Droid X, Samsung Galaxy Series, and the iphone are all selling well right now. I LOVE my Pre but would like any with new with WebOS.
    I personally want a slab, bur I think it would be interesting to see a landscape webos phone that has a curvey slider like the pre.
  6. Ty
    To be honest. All I want is the C40 mockup by David Vogt: david-vogt.com. That style of vertical slider with modern specs would be ideal. I can't imagine a device like that not selling well. Being that it is still slim, if Palm added in a usable software keyboard then it could be used as a slab for those that want it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    To be honest. All I want is the C40 mockup by David Vogt: david-vogt.com. .
    +1 That looks nice, wouldn't mind a smaller screen. specs say 4.3.

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    I want an improved version of the current Pre Plus, with the vertical slider and physical keyboard. More of everything - Better processor running fully clocked, more memory, slightly larger screen size, better camera, better bluetooth and better build quality. With WebOS 2.0!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I like having a vertical slider since I enjoy having a QWERTY keyboard. It's the main reason why I stuck with my Treo680 as long as I did.

I'd like to have a total of 3.5-3.7" of phone. Don't want to be carrying around some 4"+ monster in my pocket, it's already cramped enough with wallet, keys, smokes, etc.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    I thought I'd love the hardware keyboard buy now I hate it. Plus Palm can't even make a decent sliding mechanism. I want a slab all the way because soft keyboards are so much easier to use now. As long as it has haptic feedback on the keys. And I hope they can make the keyboard appear and disappear as well as Android and iOS does it.

3.7" is right about perfect too.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'd probably take just about anything new on Sprint that's running WebOS. I'm getting jealous of Pre Plus users. Where's our early-adopter reward?
    *** is the candy bar? Is that a slab with a keyboard like a pixi.

If so, candy bar with bigger screen, then Pre, then slab.

If not, Pre, then slab, then bar.
  13. OrR
    Horizontal slider? Tablet? Netbook?
    vertical slider. I would love the David Voigt design with a 3.7-4.0 inch screen (what can I say, I have fat fingers)