1.    #1  
    So did the 1.4.5 update.

Now my phone's touch screen doesn't work -- everything else does. But I can't use the touch screen

I seen other threads whereby when they charge it, it doesn't work.

After resetting it 10 times, and messing around with it, battery out, etc. sometimes I can get it to work -- BUT IF I CHARGE IT THE TOUCH SCREEN DOESN'T WORK AT ALL.

Anyone know how to fix this? I don't wanna doctor... but is this a software issue or hardware ?

HELP
  2.    #2  
    anyone ? help
    It sounds more like software, especially since you just tried the 1.4.5 upgrade. Improper grounding in the phone can cause touchscreen problems (i.e. Evo 4G which was corrected in a firmware update).

I hate to say it, but might be time to visit the doctor.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    make sure you aren't wearing gloves.
    or you could use cuncks's webos repair utiity. It's great.
    actually good point workerb33! Take the bat out and let it sit and cool down. Touchscreens also have tendencies to have problems in high heat and high humidity. Take the back off and let it sit 10min
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    or you could use cuncks's webos repair utiity. It's great.
    Worth a try!

where do I find it ? is it ok with 1.4.5 ?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The first thing to do is do a reboot(keyboard shortcut), and see if that helps.
    My touchscreen stopped also, but this wasn't related to 1.4.5.
    Sometimes it would come back to life, but I got bored with that game. Twisting it a little helped on several occasions, but it ended up back at the repair centre.

Good luck!