I try to use "SHIFT + Backspace" on my PC all the time. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I try gestures on every phone i pick up,
    touchscreen or not!
    +1000. All my friends look at me like im an indiot :P
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yep, guilty as charged! I catch myself trying to use WebOS gestures on my iPad all the time.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I do it all the time on my iTouch. It's in my muscles at this point.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I've already tried pressing the "Start" button on a WinXP machine at work.

On top of that, I was tinkering with my friend's LG Shine the other day, and right in front of her I try to gesture back. I proceeded to say "damnit!" under my breath, and she just laughed.

After having a Palm Pre, every other phone just seems... "less".
    yeah did it a few times on my friends droid last weekend
    and i was not impressed with the os at all
  7. Ty
    I try applying WebOS gestures to other devices as well. To make things worse, my laptop is a HP with touchscreen (convertible tablet.) Every time I use someone else's laptop I try to touch the screen and every time I use some other phone I try to swipe up/back. I agree - anything else is just "less".
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Kept trying to gesture when I was trying out an Evo. Guilty as charged.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Only had my Pre Plus a couple of months now and I did it from the beginning when using my iPod touch. First time I did it on my iPod Touch, I knew the Pre and WebOS were keepers. I still do it. The Touch way of doing things seems so old and clunky now (Never thought I'd say that.)

JD
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    i think one thing that makes it tough for those of us with ipod touches is that there are SOME things that are gesture-ish - like reading a book in 'Classics' you swipe across to the next page, or browsing pictures. hey so that's a reason, not just an excuse!
    Guilty with the iTouch and it's only been 8 days. Needless to say the Touch doesn't get used much anymore...should probably sell it. I was in Best Buy today getting another Touch Stone for the car and an older (than me) gentlemen was asking about the iPhone of which they were out. I was answering texts on my and doing the swipe/gestures and he kept circling around me watching. Even in the checkout line he was behind me.....I so wanted to tell him he should check out the pre+ rather than the iPhone. I still can't believe I was thinking of switching back to ATT for the iPhone. I love my pre more than anything! LOL I even sleep with it.
    Guilty!! I have actually tried it w/ my Nook!! cRaZy!!!
    I tried the swipe up gesture on my friend's Droid Eris. He didn't see me do it but boy did I feel stupid. I agree that other phone OS's are "less". But that is because the gestures for the Pre, and Pixi, are so natural feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    I do it with my iPod touch all the time, I try to close apps by swiping up.
    +1, and on my Fiance's EVO. Seems so archaic to have to press buttons compared to swipes.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:44 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I do it with my iPod Touch also. I 've tried to swipe left/right to change the song. I tried to swipe up to see different albums by the artist (just like Music Player Plus). I find myself wishing the the Touch was as easy to use as the Pre.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Me too. Are we still talking about phones?
    That's the best response yet. Well done.

I find myself trying to use my BB Tour screen like my Pre. Keep swipping and tapping and flicking away. I still have that moment of being puzzled when it doesn't work.
    I had been playing with my sister's IPAD just a few days ago and tried to swipe the bottom part of the screen and realized..... no way! That's not going to work... so I clicked the button to close the app.... and then I flashed back to how nice my Pre was.

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I'll confess I have tried to do this also. Not too long ago one of my friends got a new Android phone (can't remember which one) and I seriously sat there for almost a full minute trying to swipe an app up to close it before I realized what I was doing and muttered a swear word under my breath.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    Oh yeah, on my Centro, which I keep around for some of the non-web apps not available for the Pre.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    I tried it with my handspring visor, haha just kidding. But i do it with everyphone or handheld device I touch. I think the worst part is sometimes i do the swipe up gesture, while in some parts of webos when i dont need to.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast