Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Got a call from my daughter last night shortly after 10:30 pm, and she said the reason she called was that I had called her, but when she answered there was nobody there so she was calling back to see what I was calling about.

Looked at the call log, and indeed it showed an outgoing call to her number about a minute before she called me back. I had been asleep with my Pre charging on my nightstand, no apps active. (I have the close phone app on hangup patch, to keep me from inadvertantly redialing someone). At any rate, the most recent call I had made before turning in was not to her.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? Could the phone app have launched on its own and dialed a number randomly?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    You must have the "Miss Cleo" app installed -- it knows who you want to call before you do and makes the connection just in time...
    I've only had my pre a week and can't answer your question but I do know its so easy to redial on the phone pad. I had to put a pin on my phone at night...my 12 year old cat touched my pre and dialed my mom at 3am! Figured he can't input a pin so no more calls for him!
    Stranger things had happen with these phones. However, welcome to precentral.net.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    You must have the "Miss Cleo" app installed -- it knows who you want to call before you do and makes the connection just in time...
    I have it on good authority that Miss Cleo was a fraud...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Whatever you do, don't set up a video camera to record yourself while you are sleeping. I'm telling you, don't do it.

[IMG]
    lol lol lol
    I know something similar happened to me once trying to use an after market charger. Apps started opening by themselves; including the phone app. Is the cable you're using the one that came with the Pre?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I know something similar happened to me once trying to use an after market charger. Apps started opening by themselves; including the phone app. Is the cable you're using the one that came with the Pre?
    No, haven't used it for months. This is the one I normally use:

http://store.precentral.net/mobi-pro.../6A39A5688.htm

But I also frequently use the charger that goes to my Motorola bluetooth earpiece, which was what I was charging with last night.

But I've never anything like this happen before. Only app I've ever had launch on its own is Classic, and that happens sometimes even when it's not charging.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Probably a different problem, but my touch screen went crazy last week and I had to get a replacement phone. Making phantom phone calls was one of the things it would do. It would act like I was touching all over the screen when it was just sitting on a table with nothing around it.
  10.    #11  
    Interesting... had seen that thread but never looked at it.

Hopefully it was a freak occurance and won't happen again. If it does, will maybe do a restart every night before going to bed.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Well, at least it was your daughter, and not...

"Dave, what are you doing Dave? Why are you calling me in the middle of the night Dave?"
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    "Dave, what are you doing Dave? Why are you calling me in the middle of the night Dave?"
    LOL, I'm imagining that in HAL 9000's voice...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Weird, keep us up to date man.

I accidentally call people (but that's user error).
  14.    #15  
    My wife just sent me a text asking me if I ever figured out exactly what happened, and suggested that my phone is possessed....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    My wife just sent me a text asking me if I ever figured out exactly what happened, and suggested that my phone is possessed....
    How can you be sure that your wife truly sent that?
    I have seen Pres with malfunctioning touchscreens open and navigate around different apps without any user input. Notably, when my friend's Pre is malfunctioning, we saw it open the contacts list a couple times and click on a random contact, so what happened to you certainly is possible.
    AHH - mine too - 4:09 AM and the phone was nowhere near me - it called 000 for no seconds!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ... in Soviet Russia, Pre calls you.
    (wow, that's an old, old joke)
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldog View Post
    ... in Soviet Russia, Pre calls you.
    (wow, that's an old, old joke)
    Hahahaha.... I'm actually old enough to remember when it would have been "In my country, Pre calls you."

Yakov had to change his verbiage a bit after the iron curtain fell....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast