Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    What will it be!?
    Palm. You ought to be ashamed of yourself . iPhony and A**drip has a bunch more than you. All the kids are running there to line up for the next Fart app.
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    What will it be!?
    Probably Micky Mouse or Donald Duck quotes.
    The way the books are rolling out these days Im betting it'll be a book. Tho I would be perfectly happy to see it be Final Fantasy or Zelda but thats just me

Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Probably Micky Mouse or Donald Duck quotes.
    Maybe it will be dbd quotes!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #3000 will prob be an app that reminds you that there are 3000 apps.

Palm and webOS have til the holidays 2010 in my book to come up big - otherwise, it's splitsville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Maybe it will be dbd quotes!
    Hmm... you just gave me an idea for a thread, hmmm......
    2980 of those apps are either quote apps, sports team specific apps or apps that in reality less less value than a dust bunny. Usually, the more apps you get, the more bad apps you get, but at the same time, the number of good apps increases. It seems like this has not been the case for Palm webOS. Great OS but poor apps. Call me bitter but I'm being realistic as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    2980 of those apps are either quote apps, sports team specific apps or apps that in reality less value than a dust bunny. Usually, the more apps you get, the more bad apps you get, but at the same time, the number of good apps increases. It seems like this has not been the case for Palm webOS. Great OS but poor apps. Call me bitter but I'm being realistic as well.
    I'm not gonna call you bitter, because i agree with you 1000%.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Exactly.
    When I look at the Official App Catalog in pre|central the count is 3420.
    It looks like you missed it!

http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-catalog/

Edit: My Pre is reporting "2089" apps in the catalog.
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 07/27/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    And you can't blame Palm. I mean if a developer doesn't want to make apps for webOS, then it doesn't make the apps but at the same time, Palm needs to do some damage control. iPhone OS is more or less crappy but has great apps. Sure, they have 250K apps or whatever and most of them are bad but the number of good ones I would say is a couple thousand and I'd probably only download and install about 50 of them. But these 50 can't even be achieved by webOS apps yet.

What's ashame is that webOS 2.0 is around the corner. I'm pretty sure 2.0 is going to be epic and I will "ooooh" and "aaaaahhhhh" at it. But in reality, at the end, I'm going to ask "What developers are backing this OS? I want to see a list".

And before anyone objects about how a smartphone OS should not be driven by apps - I totally agree with you 100%. But right now, apps do drive the consumer's perceptions and their willingness to purchase a smartphone. This may not be the story 5 or 10 years from now but right now, apps define a mobile OS's usability. And I get a little angry every time I use my Palm Pre and how great this OS is. Then I open the app store and it's like "oh yea...and there's that". Urgh.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Well my Pre tells me 2990. And I'm looking at a Quagmire app right now as app # 2990. My Pre would not lie to me. Would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    Well my Pre tells me 2990. And I'm looking at a Quagmire app right now as app # 2990. My Pre would not lie to me. Would it?
    I've got the same here.
    My guess is its going to be the McCormick Company app. Just a hunch.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Odds are Brighthouse Labs (and yet another one of their crapp apps) will grab that elusive spot...
    Does it really matter at this point? Just like chiliu78 said, the apps that are there are useless dribble. I also have to agree, if they don't have anything major by the holidays I am out. I can upgrade in November, and if things don't shape up I am off to a Droid. It is very sad that I have to overclock my phone to get half the performance I expected out of the phone. I use to brag about my phone and what it could do. Now I am embarrassed to take it out of my pocket to check a text/answer a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havek923 View Post
    It is very sad that I have to overclock my phone to get half the performance I expected out of the phone.
    Hmmm, while I agree in principle, I don't completely agree...

This is an 18 month old phone, I would say you have to overclock it to make it even closely comparable to more current phones. If HPalm would ever get its act together and start thinking "smartphone" instead of "webOS on a fridge", perhaps we could get more current hardware choices...
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    2980 of those apps are either quote apps, sports team specific apps or apps that in reality less less value than a dust bunny. Usually, the more apps you get, the more bad apps you get, but at the same time, the number of good apps increases. It seems like this has not been the case for Palm webOS. Great OS but poor apps. Call me bitter but I'm being realistic as well.
    You can't find 20 useful apps? Seriously??

Nah, I wouldn't call that bitter, I would call it an exaggeration.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I have over 100 useless apps. Many I use daily.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast