1.    #1  
    Palm Pre shut off yesterday. Pulled the battery, and put it back, and it turned on. Walked around for a half hour or so, pulled the Pre out of my pocket, and it was off. Tried pulling battery again, put now it won't come back on. Its stuck off.

Any ideas? I'm taking it to Sprint today. Hopefully they replace it.
    You have a loose battery. They have a different one, made from somewhere else, that fits more snuggly.
    Show it to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by eighty2 View Post
    Palm Pre shut off yesterday. Pulled the battery, and put it back, and it turned on. Walked around for a half hour or so, pulled the Pre out of my pocket, and it was off. Tried pulling battery again, put now it won't come back on. Its stuck off.

Any ideas? I'm taking it to Sprint today. Hopefully they replace it.
    Make sure the battery is in properly and charge it up!

Pip
    Sounds like your battery is not charging and you Pre shut down the first time due to low battery. Then when you pulled the batt the first time it had just enough juice to power up, but quickly shutdown. It does sound like a loose battery that isn't getting fully charged. I put about 3 or 4 strips of 3/4inch masking tape on the battery on either side of the pull tab. This snugged it up and I don't have any issues with a loose battery anymore. Good Luck.
  5.    #5  
    Just put about 6 pieces of 3/4 inch tape right where the pull tab sits. She's powering on now. I didn't take my Pre to work, but I came home on lunch to try this out. Half a day without my Pre was hell.

<3 my Pre.
  6.    #6  
    Its working smoothly now. Thanks for your help guys.

This forum kicks ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by eighty2 View Post
    Its working smoothly now. Thanks for your help guys.

This forum kicks ***.
    I agree.
    And you're welcome.
    Glad it is working now.
    You're right, this forum is a big help.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic