1.    #1  
    Okay so today I call up Bell to get my broken replacement to my broken Pre replaced. I was informed that due to a policy change they no longer will replace Pres' only repair them.

Long story short this got me wondering, what is Bell up to? Are the End of Lifeing the Pre? Are we getting the Pre Plus? Or the long rumoured c40?

Food for thought.
    Hmmmm. Oh please let it be the next Pre.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, they actually just send the phones back to Palm to get replacements. If Palm isn't taking them back, then hmmmm.

I promised I wouldn't get my hopes up. But...
    Sorry about your luck, I just got a replacement pre phone through Bell about 3-4 weeks ago, due to physically breaking my old one. Let us know what happens with your replacement (due to my track record I should be due for a replacement by this time next year). Kinda is a **** off when you pay the $7/month (for the length of contract) plus the $150 replacement fee...works out to $402(3 year term) ...not a whole lot cheaper than just buying a new phone (retail $599 CDN), in whole, but a lot less than shelling out that amount all at once. I'd like to see how they plan on 'repairing' a phone snapped in half, probably just canniballize and refurbish would be my guess, which, considering when they tell you they will replace your phone with the insurance, that's REALLY LAME. Sure hope I don't break mine anytime soon, as I am really liking my phone nowdays
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sorry about your luck, I just got a replacement pre phone through Bell about 3-4 weeks ago, due to physically breaking my old one. Let us know what happens with your replacement (due to my track record I should be due for a replacement by this time next year). Kinda is a **** off when you pay the $7/month (for the length of contract) plus the $150 replacement fee...works out to $402(3 year term) ...not a whole lot cheaper than just buying a new phone (retail $599 CDN), in whole, but a lot less than shelling out that amount all at once. I'd like to see how they plan on 'repairing' a phone snapped in half, probably just canniballize and refurbish would be my guess, which, considering when they tell you they will replace your phone with the insurance, that's REALLY LAME. Sure hope I don't break mine anytime soon, as I am really liking my phone nowdays
    The Pre is $300 now.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    The ****** off is they expect you to pay $45 for a WinMo loaner phone! I got it waived because I had mine replaced before the policy changed so i'm grandfathered but the rest of ya'll gotta pay for a non-pre loaner

But I agree I'm seriously considering not repairing my phone. The idea of repairing a minor issue is just scary. What will happen to my phone?
    So you're not dealing with a physically damaged phone, more software related? The insurance policy I have with Bell said that even if I were to lose my phone, they would send me a new one, within 1-3 business days. When I called them to report my broken one on a late Thursday night, I had my new one by mid Monday afternoon, Alberta time. So, I didn't even bother with a loaner for that short period.... As far as $300, is that USD? I just remember when I got mine in January the sticker was $599, and really haven't looked to see if the price has changed at all.
    299,95 $ CND

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PalmPre/68346.details

They want them to go
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/28/2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Approved post and Fixed URL