1.    #1  
    so i got a new phone (htc hero) and i wanna upload my contacts from the palm pre. problem is, my palm is 100% DEAD. RIP!

but i know that all my phone contacts are uploaded and saved in the imaginary palm profile world, so is there anyway someone can tell me how to import? thanks!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    so i got a new phone (htc hero) and i wanna upload my contacts from the palm pre. problem is, my palm is 100% DEAD. RIP!

but i know that all my phone contacts are uploaded and saved in the imaginary palm profile world, so is there anyway someone can tell me how to import? thanks!
    .- Walk into a Sprint store, ask to "borrow" a palm pre or pixi.
    .- Logon to that borrowed device with your palm profile
    .- Restore the contacts, etc onto the borrowed phone
    Create a backup/export of the contacts using one of the many methods listed in the forums
    .- Return the borrowed phone to Sprint with your infinite thanks.

Heck if you're lucky they might even do this for you. When I first came to Sprint from AT&T (July last year) the tech "sucked" the contacts from by feature phone (Nokia T-637) to my shiny new Pre in the space of 20 mins. I'm sure they've figured out a way to "suck" contacts from a Pre in the year and change since then.

Good luck, and cheers!
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  3.    #3  
    I actually asked them that idea. They said since doing that "leaves a trace like when you delete files from a computer, they never actually get deleted so we can't do that"

That's what the dude said. Any other methods from the palm website?
  4.    #4  
    anyone else
    Nope. The only devices that can access your profile in the cloud would be another Pre or Pixi. Sorry!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    if you still have your pre and if you have gmail, switch your hero back to the pre, your contacts will be there, then email them to your gmail. switch your phone back to your hero and synch your google account.