1.    #1  
    Hey guys..

Before this gets moved to the theming section...

I really wanted to pose this to the general population in case anyone has any ideas but doesn't visit the theming section..

I like alot of the themes but hate the icons with said themes..
    I like alot of the icons but hate the themes they come with...

Is there a patch or installer strictly for icons? If not there should be..manually switching them out is a pain..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    you can change what ever icon you want with webos quick install.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    you can change what ever icon you want with webos quick install.
    Yes, I know...but wouldn't it be easier to swap out all of your icons at once as opposed to one by one?
    Not possible w/ a patch.

You could create multiple themes w/ different icon configurations only and load them on your device and change them at will using Internalz!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not possible w/ a patch.

You could create multiple themes w/ different icon configurations only and load them on your device and change them at will using Internalz!
    I assume you mean alter the XML to only replace icons? Wouldn't that still need to be *installed* like a normal theme? If so, wouldn't most means prohibit doing it, because it will read a theme already installed?

I'm not sure why a patch wouldn't be possible...
    Take webosqi for example...you can *send* a file, right? A patch would only need to make a backup of the current icon, and replace it with a new one. I'm thinking an icon-scrim folder in internal? I'm not very knowledgeable about patches, but it seems no different from others?
  6.    #7  
    Ok so I'm now starting to edit them one by one. *sigh*

Anyone know where the GAMES and other non-palm app icons are found?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    It really sounds like what you're looking for is a custom theme. You want to borrow elements of some themes (graphics etc...) and combine them with your own custom icons.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post

I'm not sure why a patch wouldn't be possible...
    Take webosqi for example...you can *send* a file, right? A patch would only need to make a backup of the current icon, and replace it with a new one. I'm thinking an icon-scrim folder in internal? I'm not very knowledgeable about patches, but it seems no different from others?

Because I said so!

J/k

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

No really, It cant be done as a patch though.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    It really sounds like what you're looking for is a custom theme. You want to borrow elements of some themes (graphics etc...) and combine them with your own custom icons.
    That is what I am thinking too.... and I have been thinking about this for a week or so. I think I am going to use the glass theme as a base, and add the icons I like (yeah too lazy to make my own icons), then think I may just use some different wallpapers and use mod switcher to change up my wallpaper (or maybe finally buy switcheroo.... I think that's what its called).
    Just make sure if you distribute your theme you give credit to the designer that created the stuff you borrowed. Not enough people around here giving credit where its due.

Follow the link below.