Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I just started to run Preware to get some updates and my battery was at 47% (this after just 5 hours or so off the TS). Well, I actually watched the battery drop from 47 to 43 in one jump. When I finished installing updates and restarted the phone I was down to zero!

Most everyone knows that running Preware and installing updates (I think I had 9 to do)only takes a few minutes. So how is it that I went from 47 percent down to zero in a matter of 15 minutes or so? This is infuriating.
    Could it possibly be your battery going bad?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    What version of the OS? There was a nasty problem in 1.4.1 (I think) where the battery would suddenly drop to 0% (but would actually stay running, and typically would recalibrate correctly).
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Having a similar problem. Can take off the touchstone in the morning at 100% have it pull email and go from 100% to low battery warning in about 20 minutes. If I do not pull email it will go for hours with out a charge. Can talk on the phone during those hours with little effect. Could there be a software issue that causes rapid battery drain?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Could it possibly be your battery going bad?
    I am thinking of stopping in at a Sprint store on the way home to talk about the battery problem. I have seen several posts about folks stopping in and having their battery replaced.

What version of the OS? There was a nasty problem in 1.4.1 (I think) where the battery would suddenly drop to 0% (but would actually stay running, and typically would recalibrate correctly).
    I'm running 1.4.1.1, but the phone did stay on for awhile after it actually showed a zero percent at the top. Eventually it did show the "plug me in" icon though.
    Return the battery for a new one.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Same thing started happening to my battery. I chatted with palm support and told them my battery was going bad and it was still under warranty. I told them i had every feature turned off or down for max battery savings, and even doctored my phone. They agreed my battery was bad and sent me a new one free of charge. I now have a battery that lasts longer than my first one ever did (although that could be due to the updates since then). Give it a try.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhines77 View Post
    Same thing started happening to my battery. I chatted with palm support and told them my battery was going bad and it was still under warranty. I told them i had every feature turned off or down for max battery savings, and even doctored my phone. They agreed my battery was bad and sent me a new one free of charge. I now have a battery that lasts longer than my first one ever did (although that could be due to the updates since then). Give it a try.
    Thanks, Online chatted worked fine. Palm is sending another battery. Free shipping and all. My battery went up to 40% with the trickle charge and is now down to 22% since checking all the settings they wanted me to check. It took about 20 minutes or so. Something is definitely wrong with this battery. Maybe I'll switch the battery with my wife's tonight????
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    They ship it very fast as well. I believe they give you two-day shipping. Palm has been very good with their warranty support. I just received a new wall charger and cord from them (a smaller version than my original charger) because my other one just quit working.