1.    #1  
    Just sittin' around on a lazy, sunny Sunday afternoon installing some more Homebrew patches (oh why, oh why have I waited so long to join the Homebrew life?!), and....

xanthinealkaloid's "Faster Card Animations HYPER Version" is amazing! Do my eyes deceive me? (wouldn't be the first time!)--Wow! everything seems to be faster, just the way I've been wishing for since launch day.

Is this what "overclocking" does?! How is this possible without it? (If my phone is about to melt, please clue me in!)

I'm just a average user, don't know ***** about what you guys do to these phones, but I sure am enjoying it!

THANKS xanthinealkaloid and all you Homebrewers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Just sittin' around on a lazy, sunny Sunday afternoon installing some more Homebrew patches (oh why, oh why have I waited so long to join the Homebrew life?!), and....

xanthinealkaloid's "Faster Card Animations HYPER Version" is amazing! Do my eyes deceive me? (wouldn't be the first time!)--Wow! everything seems to be faster, just the way I've been wishing for since launch day.

Is this what "overclocking" does?! How is this possible without it? (If my phone is about to melt, please clue me in!)

I'm just a average user, don't know ***** about what you guys do to these phones, but I sure am enjoying it!

THANKS xanthinealkaloid and all you Homebrewers!
    This doesnt actually speed your phone up... what it does is speed the animations up so that your phone appears to be working faster... its more of an asthetic thing really.

Overclocking is a software solution... the CPU on the phone normally runs at 500 mhz... but there are some homebrew OC kernals that make the CPU speed up to 600mhz, 720, 800, 1ghz and 1.2ghz...

There are some caveats with the overclocking that one should educate themselves on before installing any overclock kernel.
    lol whatever works for you man but this is not overclocking, it's just like faster glowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    i recommend reading the threads on uberkernal and govna to see what's going on with Over Clocking. OC can ruin your phone, this faster animation patch will not at all but then again, OCing will make everything noticeably faster from starting apps to using them. In addition, if you are on sprint, then you should definitely look at uber kernal b/c it helps get rid of the TMC error.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, guys, I figured it wasn't really much, but I sure enjoy it. As they say, ignorance is bliss.....

Hey, Rkguy, yes, I'm on Sprint, and I have received the Too Many Cards message here and there with some heavy apps (Need for Speed, for example, but I don't play it much--mostly bought it to impress upon my teenage sons how cool I am....didn't work....); so how risky is the "uber kernal'?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Thanks, guys, I figured it wasn't really much, but I sure enjoy it. As they say, ignorance is bliss.....

Hey, Rkguy, yes, I'm on Sprint, and I have received the Too Many Cards message here and there with some heavy apps (Need for Speed, for example, but I don't play it much--mostly bought it to impress upon my teenage sons how cool I am....didn't work....); so how risky is the "uber kernal'?!
    uber-kernal is about as safe as a overclock will get.. THERES STILL RISKS INVOLVED!!! If you go forward with this know that theres a chance your phone will die.. Although it has yet to happen, it could. It's also a well know fact that while it doesn't kill your phone right away, it reduces the life of your cpu.. if you plan on upgrading in 6 months then you should be fine ("should", not "will", "should") but if you plan on keeping it 9 years, well then you shouldn't.. (although i have no idea how a pre would last 9 years with, or without it being overclocked)
    uberkernel is fine I've had my phone overclocked at 1 ghz for a while and it's extremely stable battery life is great no crashes and when I had the 800 mhz kernel it was very stable to.. You should def do it everythin about ur fone will be quicker