1.    #1  
    Hey guys, i have a friend that has a Pre Plus from att, his data toggle on the phone radio is on but he has no Data connection. Just wondering if you guys know if theres some button to update network or if we have to call att?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I have an AT&T Pre Plus, but I don't understand what you're talking about - what data toggle? There's no setting or switch in one of the preferences or other apps to turn off the cellular data connection, at least not that I know of.

The closest think I can think of is turning on Airplane Mode, but I don't think that's what you're asking about.

What does your friend see in the upper right hand corner of the screen, just left of the battery indicator? There should be a number of bars, indicating the strength of the data connection, and an indicator like '3G' for an HSDPA link, E for EDGE (2G) or G for GPRS (1st Gen. data connection). Or, if you're on Wi-Fi, you'll see the Wi-Fi icon (looks sort of like an upside-down piece of pie) next to the signal strength indicator.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    I have an AT&T Pre Plus, but I don't understand what you're talking about - what data toggle? There's no setting or switch in one of the preferences or other apps to turn off the cellular data connection, at least not that I know of.

The closest think I can think of is turning on Airplane Mode, but I don't think that's what you're asking about.

What does your friend see in the upper right hand corner of the screen, just left of the battery indicator? There should be a number of bars, indicating the strength of the data connection, and an indicator like '3G' for an HSDPA link, E for EDGE (2G) or G for GPRS (1st Gen. data connection). Or, if you're on Wi-Fi, you'll see the Wi-Fi icon (looks sort of like an upside-down piece of pie) next to the signal strength indicator.
    it just has the signal bars but no 3G, but what I was talking about is when you go to the Phone App and you go to preferences, go all the way down and it has a toggle for Data Connection and its set to On but there's no internet. I'll try the Airplane mode when I have a chance to if I can fix it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

You have to be in a data area to get data. Not all of AT&T service is available as data (3G), regardless of the commercials.