1.    #1  
    Sitting at home tonight and all of a sudden my Pre tells me an update is available. I assumed 1.4.5 was out until I noticed the update was to 1.4.1.1. Huh?

Anyone else get this? Should I go ahead with the update?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    that fixed some minor bugs a while ago
    I did once. Not sure why it did it,but nothing really happened.

Thought it may have had to do with my kernels I keep playing with.
  4.    #4  
    louis6279, I know. If you look at my attached screen shots, you will see that I am already at version 1.4.1.1. That is what makes this weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    louis6279, I know. If you look at my attached screen shots, you will see that I am already at version 1.4.1.1. That is what makes this weird.
    It usually happens when an updates about to be released. Don't worry about it. It won't update to anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  6.    #6  
    Got up this morning and my Pre had installed the update automatically. So I went from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.1.1. Weird.
    Usually I have seen this occur when something is installed to the root of the device that "shouldn't" be there, the device see's a difference and thinks you need to update.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Usually I have seen this occur when something is installed to the root of the device that "shouldn't" be there, the device see's a difference and thinks you need to update.
    I have had it happen on stock once when I was on 1.4.1, are you sure it's just not the carriers re-pushing it out because it seems to hit a few people at once when it does happen.
    I've also seen this occur in the past after I used ipkg to remove the NASCAR and "Sprint" apps, and all it did was reinstall those two.