View Poll Results: Which 4x4 Layout do you use?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Version 1 (Jason Robitaille)

3 5.08%
  • Version 2 (PuffTheMagic, dBsooner)

6 10.17%
  • Version 3 (onlinespending)

27 45.76%
  • Version 4, No Arrows (cwgtex)

9 15.25%
  • Version 5 (cwgtex)

14 23.73%
  1.    #1  
    So I was thinking about swapping from the standard layout to the 4x4 layout.
    When I went into Preware I saw there were 5 different versions....

Which do you like the best and why?
    Version 3 (onlinespending) totally rocks dude.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    V3
    Icons are the biggest of all 4x4 versions.
    I use version 5, because I like the spacing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I also like the spacing better than the larger icons. Looks less cluttered.
    V3 with the larger icons, glass effect, with the arrow, fade, and icon titles removed.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    V3 with the larger icons, glass effect, with the arrow, fade, and icon titles removed.
    Oh yeah, you gotta use the glass effect. Beautiful.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    Oh yeah, you gotta use the glass effect. Beautiful.
    Most definitely.
    The theme is better than the patch though.
    Check out 'Glass effect with 3D icons theme'. It glass effects more than just the launcher. Very slick.. .
    Yep, he made the zip available so if you want to incorporate it into your own theme instead of just using the glass theme by itself, it's very easy to do.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    V3
    Icons are the biggest of all 4x4 versions.
    Same for me. I like the larger icons & minimal spacing. Some app titles now wrap to the second line, with the longest ones getting cut off. I have 2 examples, but it doesn't bother me to see this:
    Send My
    Location for

The
    Helicopter

I also recommend the "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix" patch. Basically turns 4x4 into 4x5. The H.Q.L.B.i.L.Only patch does the job as well, but if you ever want to edit your QL apps, you have to remove it.

+1 on glass effect -- The theme "Glass Effect Suite" by SqyArc looks really nice with the effect carrying over to menus, splash screens, universal search, etc. Try the launcher-only patch if you don't want to change your theme.
    Last edited by ten08; 07/24/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Visor Platinum > Treo 90 > Clie PEG-NR70V > another Treo 90 > BB Pearl 8130 > Pre Plus
    v 3 for larger icons (aging eyes here).
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/24/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    I actually use v4, and I love it.

I think the icons in v3 are just slightly too clustered. Plus v4 has the Add/Remove Launcher pages built in
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    v3 - allows me to think I don't need bigger glasses yet.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I like v5 the best. If you have the patience, you can try them all and you can decide for yourself which one you like better. You can take a screenshot with ctrl+sym+p. Take a screenshot of your launcher page and flip between them.
  15.    #15  
    After going through them all I think Im gonna stick with version 5 for the moment. It seems to flow better moving from page to page.
    Version 3 was more popular bu to me it had more lag and I don't need anymore of that.
    had v 3, then 5, currently on 3, added the no arrows and fade patch (don't like everything rolled into 1 patch like 4 is), think I may switch back to 5 here shortly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    +1
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I've tried the other ones, but I like v2, with the smaller icons. The large icons make me feel like I'm running windows on a low resolution with the humongoid icons taking up half the screen. Smaller icons make it feel like I have more screen space also, plus it looks cleaner to me. To each their own though. That's there there's multiple versions..

Oh, and the Glass Effect Launcher Patch makes it look sexy also.